Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I know it's a daft question, but this is my first diesel that is not an automatic with 170+ bhp... I'm driving the 207 hdi 1.4 and really want to get the best mileage I can. What's the optimal rev range to achieve this? Is there a turbo that works only beyond a specific engine speed and I should try to keep running, or it's always on?

Is it true that diesels should be kept running for a couple of minutes at the end of the trip to cool down and for turbo to "spin down"?

Thanks, and do feel free to laugh at Noob questions :)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Turbo on a diesel does not get hot enough to need cooled down although its good practice to drive it slower at the end of a hard drive.

Most important thing is to change oil regularly and more often than recommended intervals

optimum power can be felt through the way car pulls probably peaks about 2.5k it will be pointless revving it much over 4k revs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo on a diesel does not get hot enough to need cooled down although its good practice to drive it slower at the end of a hard drive.

Most important thing is to change oil regularly and more often than recommended intervals

optimum power can be felt through the way car pulls probably peaks about 2.5k it will be pointless revving it much over 4k revs.
Thanks, the rev range in numbers is really what I was after.
I do a lot of motorway at constant speeds, so I'm really hoping to regularly get 65 and 70+ mpg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts