Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here...

This is rather annoying. Whenever I turn off my car (2005 Peugeot 206) but leave the radio on, after a couple of minutes it goes into ECO MODE, the radio turns off and the only way to turn it on again is to start the engine :mad:. Is there any way to disable this? :confused:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hetfield said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here...

This is rather annoying. Whenever I turn off my car (2005 Peugeot 206) but leave the radio on, after a couple of minutes it goes into ECO MODE, the radio turns off and the only way to turn it on again is to start the engine :mad:. Is there any way to disable this? :confused:
The eco mode is there to protect the car and its components,not advisable to remove or tamper with.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Because it is there to protect the battery and always allow you to start your car regardless. It will save you the hassle of a flat battery.

I have found a solution to the eco mode cut off/ Press the dark button on the LCD interface/radio this should give your at least an hour stereo time instead of the 20 minutes at present.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I want is to be able to turn on the radio without having to start the engine again. What exactly does that button do?

·
Registered
256 Posts
The dark buttom press twiced will black out the lcd screen, which should extend the econo time by at least another 20 minutes-depending on the current battery positon. Couldn't agree with you more about the eco mode!

Having said that, The economy mode operates as follows
Ignition off - car goes to economy mode and stereo shuts down incl interior lights, when the car is started the battery will charge but if you quickly shut the engine off again economy mode will activate as the battery charge is still insufficient.

Also if you leave the accessories lights on and are in the car the car will still go to economy mode, so you cannot listen to the stereo at all if the battery charge is below the multiplexe's desired set level.

Hope this helps, trust me it's annoying but it's something you will have to live with as these cars are the most technologically advanced pieces of automotive machinery available.:)

·
Registered
862 Posts
johnc said:
Hope this helps, trust me it's annoying but it's something you will have to live with as these cars are the most technologically advanced pieces of automotive machinery available.:)
You got that right,fantastic when they are behaving themselves,other times.....................

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So there is no way to keep the radio on without starting the engine :(

Double clicking the dark button turns off/on the lcd screen, got it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eco light with regards to a water pump change 206 HDI

I'm working on a Peugeot 1.4 HDI 2003 After changing the water pump via removing the timing and fan belts, the engine has failed to start (fire). The engine turns over but fails to fire. I believe this is in relation to THE ECONAMY ALERT being displayed on the digital dashboard display. I have tried different batteries, jump starting and chicking all fuses. Along with removing the S1 fuse in an attempt to 'reset' the vehicle's 'memory'. Please help, i'm running out of ideas.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I will look into this for you, but the eco mode will only activate if the charge is low or the alternator has failed!!!:confused: :nod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I could not agree more. What a pain in the ...!
Surely the "safe" limit of listening to the radio would have to be a few hours at least before it impacts the cars operation.
I have the sat nav on my car which aslo allows you to watch a DVD. What a waste! What can I watch if I wanted to?
Most manufacturers will turn off the radio but then you can just restart it and that is normally at least an hour.
There has to be a way around this.
Regards,:nono:

·
Registered
14 Posts
There was once my 407 engine was immobolised due to crankcase leak (hit by some damn rocks). I wind down the window to get some fresh air in. After abt 30 mins, I tried to wind my window up. Guess what? Yes, eco mode and the windows cannot be wind up at all and they stay that way until the engine is replaced! Towing in the rain w water all over :nono:

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi did you solve the problem i bought a 206 sunday and today its gone into eco mod and wont start ive even had the aa out and he couldnt sort it any clues as to how to do it mate all the best will

·
Registered
5 Posts
pog land

I'm in Coventry so many pog dealers here etc I was just put to light about the 206 ecu problem that's standard with the pog and pergouet won't fix it there just realing in money

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
it just goes into eco mode to save battery power and comes out of it as soon as you start the car again, search the thread on diagnostics think in the maintenance section to see if anyone near you that can help.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.