This is my 1.4hdi
Full service history
120,000 miles
2 owners from new.
1 year mot
Tax is only £30/year
New starter
Good tyres all round
New drop links and track rod ends inc tracking.
Just had an OEM spoiler painted and fitted.
No dents at all, no scratches at all.
Regularly detailed and paintwork has been repaired throughout.

It's a funny silver/grey colour called Gris Sidobre.

I have owned it 2years now, apart from the above all it has needed is servicing and mot, so it's been very low maintenance.

The issue is, I'd love to change the wheels and unlock a bit of extra power, but I'd like to know a rough value of it before potentially chucking money away.

Also, what's your opinion on the colour?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Gris is the muts nuts in my opinion and you cant knock the tax at £30 a year.

I'd say you've done well getting one that's fully colour coded but i'd defo change the wheels but keep with something standard like ariannes.

The 1.4 hdi's can be mapped from what I read but depends on where you are as to who could do it.

Regarding a valuation, no idea. My 307 has done 200K so valuation is never gonna be in the front of my mind.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the positive comment :)

I think I'd quite like to upgrade to a 2.0hdi soon, but it wouldn't be cost effective to do a conversion.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well if you were thinking of a 2.0 HDI, I wouldn't get a 110, I'd get a 90 but then again the 1.4 HDI can be mapped to about 85.

Makes you think doesn't it?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard prosteve can do a 95bhp map, but that's a chip tuning service and I'd have to post him my ecu for a week.

·
11,711 Posts
I'm always on the lookout for another 307 and watch prices like a hawk. Going on Ebay rates I can safely say that this will fetch around £800-£900.

I've been watching two 1.4s with 80,000 miles this week that went for just £1100. The owners were hoping for £1600.

You'll only break the magical £1000 barrier if its less than 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a bit disappointing :(

I was offered £1100 trade in (book value).

I think I'll have to keep this in mind.

It just goes to show that full service history and the fact that I've kept it immaculate, well it doesn't really mean a thing.

·
11,711 Posts
It helps. A car with history will sell much quicker than a similar priced one without. And ebay prices are always lower than Autotrader, and regional variations are also a factor. For example, there are more towns closer together in the north west, meaning more cars in a search area.

A trader will just stick at least another £500 and can afford to let it sit on his forecourt. Those 307s I mentioned, I've seen similar for £1995 and even £2495 on Autotrader from garages. But they've been on there for at least a couple of months. There are always buyers who will avoid private sellers and go to a garage and pay more for the false sense of "peace of mind".

Which trim spec is yours? An SE or LX or GLX will also be worth a little more.

C

·
0 Posts
That's a bit disappointing :(

It just goes to show that full service history and the fact that I've kept it immaculate, well it doesn't really mean a thing.
Except for the fact that you have had trouble free motoring for several years and who ever gets the car next will also follow your example and keep with the service schedule and also have many more years of trouble free motoring.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's an "S" trim, so the dp pattern.

But it still has electric windows, mirrors and rcl with flip keys, everything I've ever needed.

May just keep hold of it for a few more years if its only worth buttons.

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
Keeping cars mint only helps sell them to someone at the end of the chain who is then going to waste it :)

Once a car gets to 10 years old in fact 8 years old 70% of car buyers see it as too old/past it history makes no difference.

I agree with gibbos guestimate that's about right I bought a rover 75 estate last week petrol 1 owner from new 58k miles absolute mint bodywork good history taxed and mot'd broken timing belt £200 !! its not even worth fixing :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well it's an "S" trim, so the dp pattern.

But it still has electric windows, mirrors and rcl with flip keys, everything I've ever needed.

May just keep hold of it for a few more years if its only worth buttons.
It looks mint mate just keep it and put some new shoes on it!
I think you will love it again when you do :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts