Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....I'm considering the purchase of 407 as a motorway slugger. I drive regularly from Chester to Southampton and Newcastle and want a comfortable cruiser.

I'm considering the Hdi 136 auto. How do you guys rate this for distance journeys..and most important...how comfortable do you find the seats over a 3-4 hr trip?

tia......david K

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi....I'm considering the purchase of 407 as a motorway slugger. I drive regularly from Chester to Southampton and Newcastle and want a comfortable cruiser.

I'm considering the Hdi 136 auto. How do you guys rate this for distance journeys..and most important...how comfortable do you find the seats over a 3-4 hr trip?

tia......david K

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

I drive a 407x-line it is a hdi 136 manual. Cant fault this car at all very comfortable (have driven from Glasgow to york arrived with no aches or pains) 100% reliable,quiet at all motorway speeds,little motorway noise,no squeaks or 'what was that' noises. Cant praise this car enough to be honest. :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
To be honest, the 407 is made for motorway driving, quiet, smooth & quick enough when you want it, go ahead buy one!:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts

tia......david K
I previously owned two 406 Execs, which were the most comfortable cars I ever drove. The electric heated seats made day trips to York a pleasure - 10 hours on the road!

I've just swapped to a 407 Exec 136 HDi Auto. The ride is not quite as good - possibly because it is new-ish [8 months] and hasn't loosened up yet. The leather heated seats are good, but not quite as comfortable as the 406 and they look cheaper.

I've only done a couple of hundred miles so far [before a tyre got a screw in it - cost to replace £180 compared to 406's £75] but the car drives really well and as has been said, is a natural for long distance motorway driving.

My first diesel, it amazes me by its acceleration in any gear [6 speed auto box] - much faster than the 406s, which were also a 2 litre, but petrol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts