Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got an 307SW 2003 90bhp 2lt how can i tell if i have an alarm...ad said it did have...but lookin on haynes manual....it looks like there should be an alarm button next to the lock doors button on dash...is there a way to set it off...or see is there is an alarm on car..?Would be nice to know as i told insurance it has an alarm..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lock the car with the window open.
After a few mins, wave hand inside car, which will test for motion sensors, then open the door from the inside, which should set it off if it hasn't gone off already.
I expect it will have an alarm, have you looked in your manual?

G

·
They're glass break sensors, not movement sensors, and don't work like that.

Look inside the car at either to top of the A pillars, or the courtesy light housing for the sensors. If they're not there, you don't have an alarm.

Unless it's a high spec, I'd be surprised if it did have one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes am thinking that too i not got one...i have a look about car...thanks...and car manual told me about the alarm button thing next to lock button...so more than likely not got one...as its not got that...but my model on spec says it should have one..thats why i asked..best find out so i can tell insurance...knowing them..if car went missing they wont pay out cause i told them it had an alarm when it hasnt...

·
Registered
77 Posts
hi i all so have a 307 sw now its dark pop outside to your car and look though the window at the lock button on the dash if its flashing you have an alarm as mine does :thumb:

G

·
chopper1192 said:
They're glass break sensors, not movement sensors, and don't work like that.
Sorry to p*ss on your chips here but ultrasonic sensors such as the ones on door pillars do detect movement as well

Used to have them on my 306, if you put your hand in through the open window it would flash on the dash to tell you, and indeed if the alarm was set it'd trigger that as well :D

G

·
They're volumetric in function, designed to detect the change in volume that occurs when the glass is broken. Leaving a window open and leaning in waving about may set them off, but it'll be nothing to do with you - it'll be because the system can not manage an 'infinite' volume of the outside environment and thinks the glass is broken, as a window open is much the same as having one busted.

They might detcect movement in some citrcumstances (when my centre console lid was bust and kept popping open it would very occasionally set mine off,but 9 out of 10 times it wouldn't) but that is not what they're actually designed to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts