Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about cars, I watched my dad wire my cd player last time, so I bought I new unit and thought I knew how to do it this time.

Hooked up everything and its messed my car up, when I turn the key the wipers are coming on, lights are coming on and the car wont even start.

Great mechanic just a couple of doors down but he cannot come up to see it til tomorrow.

Any one know what Ive done, is this going to cost me alot of money.

I know its ignorant to ask for immediate advice but if anyone has even the faintest idea what Ive done please share it with me.

I am an idiot :nono:

G

·
Just a rough guess is that you've somehow mixed one of the live feeds in with a can/van cable

Not sure on what type of damage this might cause but it goes without saying you need to remove any of the changes you did to it and carry out a BSI reset to see if it goes back to normal, dont turn on your ignition again until you've done this!! (search forums for how to do it)

Other than that it'd be quite hard to work out whats wired to what over the forums, you need someone to take a look!

:thumb:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this the correct procedure, its sounds like a april fools day joke, very strange procedure.

I phoned my dad, he said the can cable is the network cable that links everything, he said if Ive cut this then Im in for a big bill.

Before sending the unit try the BSI Reset procedure as this may cure your faults:
Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot even try this method as I cannot put my drivers window down. I have electric windows in the front and both are not working.

G

·
Lol yeah go for the back window!

And just cuttin the cable won't do anything, its if they've been linled to something else by accident u get trouble!

My can/van cables terminate to nowhere and its never caused me any grief!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, just did that, got in as quick as I could so noone would see me. It never worked, followed it step by step.

Dad is home in the morning from nightshift, going to leave him a note to see if he will check the fuses.

I just dont understand what could do that much damage, wipers will not work, lights wont come up, clock dash light wont display, electrics windows wont work, car will not start.

The only light that is coming on now is the lights within the speedo dial.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What colour will my can van cables be in my 2002 1.4hdi 307. Do they just look light speaker cables or what, are they the same thickness.

G

·
the can/van cables are in the same connector as the power, the other connector is just for speakers

If i remember rightly they are the top 2 in the plug, however without ripping mine out (which i'm not going to do!) i cant be certain!

And if you are wondering how it can do so much damage, if you've sent a 12v feed down that cable i'm pretty certain the can/van cables wont be anywhere near that voltage!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checked the fuses this morning, the instrument module fuse blew so replaced it and car is going fine now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts