Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My 307 SW 1.6 is putting out hot air from the vents even when the fan is off.

It's also a bit reluctant to start when warm and economy seems down slightly.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
if its set to the higher temp it will blow through hot even with the fan not running through air flow
try setting the temp to a lower number and turning it off

·
Registered
361 Posts
if its set to the higher temp it will blow through hot even with the fan not running through air flow
try setting the temp to a lower number and turning it off
That's true, I forgot sometimes simplest things are best point to start.

cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Temp is set to 18 (while off) but outside temperature isn't far off that at the minute and it still comes out hot (not warm) but I'll try dialling it right down and see if it makes a difference. Doubt it will though as this is a new problem and we didn't used to have to turn the temp down before turning it off.

Pretty sure I've had this exact same problem on another car but can't remember what it was!

Could it be a duff thermostat forcing coolant through the heater all the time (and bypassing the radiator)? Unlikely I guess as the engine isn't overheating.

Coolant is just slightly brown water by the looks of it (has been since we bought it a few months ago) so I don't imagine that's helping. Will change the coolant and have a look at (and poss replace) the stat over the weekend.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
might be the sensor inside that measures the temp might be duff.

or even going further could be the mixer cogs if its a climate control digital display

1 - 6 of 6 Posts