Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday driving to work the heater in my 2005 307cc would only blow hot air. I turned it right down to 16 degrees and put the air con on but still really hot air.
Then when I came out of work I had a flat battery. I got a jump start and drove home (about 5 miles) with really hot air blowing at me again.
This morning the battery is flat again.
I am concerned that this is an electrical fault which could cause a fire as I have experienced a fire caused by electrics before.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Check with an ammeter for a battery drain, you almost certainly have one.
Then start pulling the fuses to see which one stops the drain. My money is on the one for the a/c.
Where you go from there depends on your expertise with auto electrics.

Roger.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check with an ammeter for a battery drain, you almost certainly have one.
Then start pulling the fuses to see which one stops the drain. My money is on the one for the a/c.
Where you go from there depends on your expertise with auto electrics.

Roger.

Thanks Roger. Appreciate the help.
I ended up calling the AA (that’s what I pay them for after all).
Dead battery was the problem. Battery replaced and heater now functioning fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Fondly enough I was going to mention the battery but if you have not got a load tester people tend to keep charging them and see 12+ plus volts and think it is OK as it will start the car, once! I am surprised there was not a lot more messages generated as these cars do not like flat batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.