Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at Peugeot 307 horn intermittent not working, which isn't quite a 206 to try and get my horn working, but I'm having trouble...

I have taken the airbag off - it was really difficult as there is only 1 hole to help move the clips - in fact, it took me the longer to take that off than taking off a speed sensor!

So, now I have the airbag off, but I don't know what to do next?
1. I don't know how to take the clips off - pic 1
2. I don't know if there's a lead I can clean to see if the horn works from either the steering wheel or the airbag - pic 2 and 3

I've looked at my Haynes manual too - but it's not that clear what to do..

Please help!!

Attachments

·
4,031 Posts
hi...just a thought...have you checked the horn for power and checked it works ?....sorry if you have... im sure someone that has taken the horn switch apart will pop along soon.. good luck

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Absolutely, do the simple things first, like check the horn works. The connector on the horn is not the best and can rust, that's what happened in my case. Cleaned up the connector and the horn worked fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I decided to go under the car and remove the horn - quite tricky but I managed it without losing any skin nor taking off the bumper. I then connected the battery with a couple of wires to the horn - not sausage!! I borrowed my brother-in-laws voltage reader and had my partner hit the horn - power came through. So, it's the horn - should have done that in the 1st instance lol!

Horn ordered on ebay - said it was a citroen and wouldn't fit, but the pictures are the same, as are the numbers on the part.

I will be testing it before I put it on.

Thanks for telling me to do the simple things 1st.

Ali

·
4,031 Posts
wow,,,,,that was a close call.....could have cost a bit if anything was damaged under the airbag....still....every days a school day....well done for letting us know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts