Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fault on my 307 1.4 hdi in that the horn does not work. I have checked the fuse and checked the horn itself across a battery. Both OK. According to the Haynes manual there is a relay supposedly in the main fuse box (the one in the engine bay) but with the cover off I cannot see it. There are the fuses and the connectors but nothing else on the top surface. Does the top of the fuse box itself come off and they are mounted underneath I wonder. I still have to take the airbag off so that I can check the horn push contacts but would rather leave that if I can and find the relay duff?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice guide and I will do it. But I would still like to physically find that relay, only to prove there is one!

·
6,780 Posts
it is internally fitted to the fuse box and non replaceable as such

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Typically French then! I suppose they believe that it can never fail as the bad connection design means that it will never be used !
Thanks for the info. I will be able to sleep tonight now.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tackled the horn today and once I got the angle of dangle correct using my T handle 5mm allan key through the holes it indeed came off sweet. And the fix worked Only the antipollution and abs to solve now!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts