Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Justin said:
Has anybody had experience of the horn only working intermittently in a 307hdi?
hi, sounds like it could be a dirty earth, make sure the earth wire is making a good contact with the cars body, sometimes they go rusty or get very dirty if not clean it with a bit of emery paper and the bit on the cars body also, then what i do is i smear a little bit of copper grease on it then screw it back to the car body. the other thing is depending on where your horn itself is located it could be full of water, unscrew it and shake it to see if theres any water in there, empty it if there is and then see if it works. i had water in the horn of a peugeot 205 once, it didnt work at all so i kept shaking it until i got it all out then i sprayed a bit of wd40 into the horn and after a few strange gurgling noises it worked fine. Hope this is of some help :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2003 206 2litre hdi and it has just started with the very same problem. Did what The Moose say solve the problem or is it a garage job?

Simon

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was the same, it was a bad earth on the steering wheel(you have to remove the air bag to access the wiring). Mate of mine who is a peugeot tech says this is common fault on the 307. hope this helps you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
same problem

:) hi,

i have the same problem,but now not works at all? how do i go around checking the earth as sounds simple to do,but prob not. can anyone guide my through this please?

cheers

chris

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Chris you have to disable the air bags ( watched my mate do mine) uinlock all doors and open drivers window, then disconnect battery don't touch anything for 1/2 an hour, this stops the ECU getting mixed-up readings when reconnecting the battery.Then remove drivers air bag, The earth wire is then reconected by fitting a spade type connector on the end, drill the metal body of the steering wheel and refitting the earth. I would not do it myself don't like the idea of playing around with air bags ets

·
Registered
10 Posts
problem with horn sounding

I have a different problem with my 307. The horn seems to come on by itself and may stay on for a few seconds. Quite embarrasing. It has just happened in the past couple of days. It seems to happen when I am indicating and I end up waving at people I don't know.

I hope the moose can help.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts