Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Dunno the fuse mate, but the horn on a 307 tends to stop working due to a bad earth in the hub. Try to sound it pushing the centre round in circles like you are stirring paint.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great,so its an airbag off job then :/

knowin my luck itll go off and ill end up with faults on the dash or it wont start lol

ill try sort it next week now as weather is crap,plus its a sunday an i cant be bothered lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
it is actually a really easy job. did mine in about 10 mins, aftyer id figured out how to push the pin in, just dont pull too hard on the airbag as the wiring there looks easily broken... good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
9 out of 10 times yes it is.... all you do is clean the horn contact with some sand paper and the hole it goes into and presto!

do unplug the battery as it says on that guide someone posted, just to be on the safe side of things, although airbags wont go off that easily best be safe, and with it being a 307 u can imagine the array of issues that would unleash!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on from this a guy on youtube (unsure if he is on here) is saying itll be my wiring :confused:

will take a look at the weekend if it dont snow and see what happens.

it does work tho as we got PP to test it so thats good news lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All fixed :)

So,managed to fix my horn this afternoon :)
was quite simple really, got the airbag off and pressed the plastic both sides and horn worked :) the connections looked clean,what i think it was down to was the airbag has been off before (a long hair wrapped around the centre screw gave it away) and was clipped in/wedged in too tight so nothing could work. So clipped it back in and it works :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts