Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening folks. Bit of a strange question.

Tonight on the way home on the motorway my 2005 307 SW HDI XSI 136 just started smoking like MAD! I was doing about 76mph when it started.

My junction was about 1 mile off so I just carried on and took the exit. Car still smoking. Too embarrassed to stop outside the house I carried on driving with the thought in my mind that the the DPF might doing a regen :) -

I jumped back onto the motorway with the regen in mind knowing it needed to complete the process. It smoked for about 5 more mins and then stopped completely.

when I checked inside the exhaust when I got home there was a lot of white ash that was quite loose.

Does this seem like the car has just done a regen?

Cheers,

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 207 started smoking like mad on the M1 in February, my Head Gasket had gone :( Had to get towed to the garage, but I had a lot of white ash stuff under the bonnet.

Not sure if yours is as severe as this as I had to pull over immediately..

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does this seem like the car has just done a regen?

Cheers,
Sounds like it to me as the Eloys fluid when it get pumed into the exhaust sytem raises the temp very fast and very high to burn off all the diesel soot. But I have not noticed it yet, it's supposed to happen when it's ready to do it at feeway speed when you floor the gas peddle. But I don't know how often it can do it, once a week, once a month, or once a year???

Cheers George

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

Whatever it was only happened for a few mins. Drove the car to Oulton Park and back yesterday and not a hint of any smoke.

:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts