Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I have just looked below my car, having heeded the low oil pressure warning, and found a large pool of oil. I jacked it up and the oil is steadily dripping out a little hole in the sump (at quite a rate! Just poured about 3 litres in to get it over minimum mark on dipstick). Now the oil has cooled down I have managed to block the whole - with chewing gum as it is all I could think off.

I have just submitted requests for quotes to various breakers but also came across this link: http://www.oilsumps.co.uk/car-parts/Peugeot/407.aspx which is a new sump for £70 delivered. Is this good?

My MAIN worry though is fitting the sump: is this something that someone like me (with very little mechanical knowledge but an ability to follow instructions well!) could realistically think about tackling or should I stay clear ad take into a garage?

My parents sump on their Saab 9-5 got a hole and the garage had to completely lift the engine out to replace it! So I am hoping Peugeots are simpler!

Any advise is much welcome - tomorrow will be spent spreading gravel on our very rough driveway to fill in some of the potholes that have caused this!!

Stuart

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car info:

Sorry, I should have said in case it makes a difference, the car is a 407 2.2 SE petrol, 2006.

Stuart

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed.
You can get high temperature epoxy or chemical metal to block the hole.
I used chemical metal years ago to block a big rusted hole in a washing machine and never had a problem with it again.
RS(Radio Spares) used to sell it, came in two little different coloured pots.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts