Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a Peugeot 207cc thp 150 hp when pulling it hesitates then goes like it's holding back you can feel it going up the gears ,have been told to clean MAF sensor?? Where is it thanks

·
12,817 Posts
The MAF sensor should be self-cleaning. However, if you must, use only electrical contact cleaner.

Hesitation is often an EGR issue but I'm guessing yours is petrol?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MAF sensor should be self-cleaning. However, if you must, use only electrical contact cleaner.

Hesitation is often an EGR issue but I'm guessing yours is petrol?
Yes petrol,I've change plugs ordered new coil pack. Went on Google as you do trying to find symptoms and MAF sensor came up.
Yes it's petrol thp 1.6 turbo 2007 model,thanks for replying

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes petrol,I've change plugs ordered new coil pack. Went on Google as you do trying to find symptoms and MAF sensor came up.
Yes it's petrol thp 1.6 turbo 2007 model,thanks for replying
Cleaned with electrical cleaner but after taking Flexi hose of there was oil around inside of hose,sorry for questions just trying to sort myself and save on garage bill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cleaned with electrical cleaner but after taking Flexi hose of there was oil around inside of hose,sorry for questions just trying to sort myself and save on garage bill
I had a similar problem on my wife's 308 last month. It turned out to be the blow off valve. The one that is standard in the 308 and 207 has a rubber valve which deteriorates over time. Also there is a black plastic ring which breaks down.

When I removed the this BOV the plastic ring disintegrated. The rubber valve likewise was so old and worn.

I replaced the BOV with a new updated style ( just 3 screws ) and the difference was amazing.

Standard Version. That bright yellow ring is part of the rubber assembly which is old tech. It works but not efficiently.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Camera accessory Automotive wheel system

This is the new style. Very easy to replace and comes in a nice box with full instructions. Took me about 45 minutes to replace it and that was probably longer than it could have been.

Camera accessory Font Cameras & optics Magenta Auto part

I would thinkthey are available in the UK as well.

Hope that helps.
Cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for that going to source one
hi, i'm just seeing this post. the BoV kit is a very good and price-efficient upgrade, however, the best thing i bought for my THP so far has been a bluetooth OBD adapter and "Torque pro" for my phone. find the settings for the long-term and short term fuel trims. these give a good indication of engine efficiency and could point to another, major issue with these engines. the sloppy and slipping cam-chain issue. mine was awful. giving a major loss of power, as if the turbo had been switched off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi, i'm just seeing this post. the BoV kit is a very good and price-efficient upgrade, however, the best thing i bought for my THP so far has been a bluetooth OBD adapter and "Torque pro" for my phone. find the settings for the long-term and short term fuel trims. these give a good indication of engine efficiency and could point to another, major issue with these engines. the sloppy and slipping cam-chain issue. mine was awful. giving a major loss of power, as if the turbo had been switched off.
Turbo kicks in ,Rickover fine,drives fine just that initial putting foot down where it hesitates then goes,on further inspection call me thick lol I noticed the air intack that attached to slam panel is completely missing the whole box!! So no air really flowing...??? Not sure if it's called purifier box or cold intake but it sits Infront of battery.could this be an issue?....call me thick but I'm used tocortinas and Capri thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Turbo kicks in ,Rickover fine,drives fine just that initial putting foot down where it hesitates then goes,on further inspection call me thick lol I noticed the air intack that attached to slam panel is completely missing the whole box!! So no air really flowing...??? Not sure if it's called purifier box or cold intake but it sits Infront of battery.could this be an issue?....call me thick but I'm used tocortinas and Capri thanks
hi. i "believe" (sorry, not near my car) that there are no sensors in the air intake prior to the turbo inlet so, those long, bent pipes from the loose fitting air intake in front of the battery, which then guide air up the pipes to the air filter on top of the inlet manifold. there is a connector on a sensor at the end of the small pipe coming from the right of the valve cover but other than that, there should be nothing. i would seriously recommend getting the bluetooth obd reader and "torque pro" app, it's useful for so many reasons. there are many issues which "could" affect the output. even down to a potential crack in the oil pump which reduces pressure to the dephaser and the turbo (enough to hold the timing back and slow the turbo speeding up)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Obd11 £ 11.49?
hiya, there are many variations, just an ELM 327 is a good start, the prices vary from around £3 and go up! the Torque pro (paid for app) will give you fuel pressure, oil temp and pressure (i think!), accurate idle rpm, air temp and so much more. these will help to guide you to any faults (and it can be used on pretty much every other car in the future). it wont show you how filthy the inlet valves are (another design fault). please don't consider getting the engine hydro-cleaned, it can cause more faults than it fixes. a common issue is the Vanos solenoid, it can get blocked and cause a reduction in oil pressure to the dephaser sprocket. this may be causing some hesitation. (vanos solenoid is hidden at the rear left of the engine (when viewed from the front) about 10 - 12" down. needs the air pipes to be removed and it's quite fiddly to get to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hiya, there are many variations, just an ELM 327 is a good start, the prices vary from around £3 and go up! the Torque pro (paid for app) will give you fuel pressure, oil temp and pressure (i think!), accurate idle rpm, air temp and so much more. these will help to guide you to any faults (and it can be used on pretty much every other car in the future). it wont show you how filthy the inlet valves are (another design fault). please don't consider getting the engine hydro-cleaned, it can cause more faults than it fixes. a common issue is the Vanos solenoid, it can get blocked and cause a reduction in oil pressure to the dephaser sprocket. this may be causing some hesitation. (vanos solenoid is hidden at the rear left of the engine (when viewed from the front) about 10 - 12" down. needs the air pipes to be removed and it's quite fiddly to get to.
Thanks for info just ordered OBD2 and the torque app so hopefully get it sorted

·
Registered
79 Posts
it is the best un-branded tool you can buy for any car, once you're used to reading the info, it'll certainly help. with these engines you need to make sure you have a good oil, clean and at the correct level as that can affect the output too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it is the best un-branded tool you can buy for any car, once you're used to reading the info, it'll certainly help. with these engines you need to make sure you have a good oil, clean and at the correct level as that can affect the output too!
Just had oil change and filters,plugs,coils,diverter valve comes today,complete new rocker cover,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thought I'd ask incase anyone has the cold air intake that's missing on mine for sale.its the part that attaches to the front of car and sits Infront of battery,,,tried everywhere even Peugeot dealers..thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well plugged obd2 in and no faults....so going to keep looking for resonator box and scratch me head lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts