Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently in the last 3/4 weeks Ive noticed the engine holding back sometimes when accelerating from standstill. Yesterday on the way home I lost power briefly for a few seconds I was in 3rd gear in traffic about 40mph 2000 revs on a flat road good driving conditions. This morning however everything seemed fine until I got a few hundred yards from work after travelling nearly 50 miles it seemed to lose power or hold back slightly again only for a few seconds.

Any ideas?

Reading other threads & forums possibility MAF Sensor, Turbo Boost Solenoid Split in Turbo Boost Pipe or air intake from somewhere. Help needed.
If it needs the Planet plugging in anybody near BB7 who can help please?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Newspaperman said:
Recently in the last 3/4 weeks Ive noticed the engine holding back sometimes when accelerating from standstill. Yesterday on the way home I lost power briefly for a few seconds I was in 3rd gear in traffic about 40mph 2000 revs on a flat road good driving conditions. This morning however everything seemed fine until I got a few hundred yards from work after travelling nearly 50 miles it seemed to lose power or hold back slightly again only for a few seconds.

Any ideas?

Reading other threads & forums possibility MAF Sensor, Turbo Boost Solenoid Split in Turbo Boost Pipe or air intake from somewhere. Help needed.
If it needs the Planet plugging in anybody near BB7 who can help please?
It would be like firing a guess without plugging it in... from my experience it could be anything... the codes will point you to the right direction... have you checked the planet owners map...

·
Registered
906 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Mine was, and still is, doing similar - I'd get to 1700ish revs and then you feel the car hold back for a second and then off up the revs again. Had it in Peugeot, and when hooked up there were no error codes, except for a faulty heat plug, which they don't believe is the cause as the heat plugs are very rarely used on the HDIs. They checked the vacuum for the solenoid valves :confused: and found it wasn't pulling a vacuum quick enough, so cleaned and enlarged the holes. This worked for a few days, but a fortnight later it is getting back to how it was before. It won't be easy to resolve mine as it isn't showing any error codes :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to Peugeot on Saturday got a mechanic who will plug planet in and check for error codes. The fault has occured 4 times now in 3 weeks. I know it doesnt sound alot but im convinced my mpg is now being affected. Hope theres a code to give me some idea

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As suspected went into Peugeot on Saturday no error codes present except the fuel locking cap sensor was in permanent error. The cars been running ok recently except the mpg has dropped could be me but I dont think im getting the mileage out of the tankfull as much as I was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts