Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.6 auto petrol GT Line.
I have no button visible for the Hill Decent Assist Control as in the manual, but the system clearly works by being over zealous with the control. By moving off from stationary immediately down a steep hill, I find the engine is screaming whilst keeping control of the speed.
Am I missing something?
I get by by switching the gearbox to manual and manually changing gears with the paddles.
The 3008 manual does not seem to cover this, ie Hill Decent Assist Control without the user control.
Previous automatics I have owned have not done this.
Would appreciate comments
Rob

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have no button visible for the Hill Decent Assist Control as in the manual, but the system clearly works by being over zealous with the control. By moving off from stationary immediately down a steep hill, I find the engine is screaming whilst keeping control of the speed.
Am I missing something?
I get by by switching the gearbox to manual and manually changing gears with the paddles.
The 3008 manual does not seem to cover this, ie Hill Decent Assist Control without the user control.
Rob
If you do not have the Hill Assist controls showing next to where the Auto Gear Stick is Rob then you most definately do not have Hill Assist.
It’s a paid item and your wheels would be Los Angeles.

I myself have the same engine and have not come across the ‘screaming’ engine you describe.... but then again I have not tried to descend a hill.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
If you do not have the Hill Assist controls showing next to where the Auto Gear Stick is Rob then you most definately do not have Hill Assist.
It’s a paid item and your wheels would be Los Angeles.

I myself have the same engine and have not come across the ‘screaming’ engine you describe.... but then again I have not tried to descend a hill.

So you're not going down hill then Beards?!:lol:

Reactions: Beards

·
Registered
620 Posts
The EAT6 uses gearing for engine breaking for decent on normal roads. The hill decent is different.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Am I missing something?
Rob
"Hill Decent Assist Control" is only available as a part of "Grip Control". If your vehicle does not equip with 'Grip Control', then "Hill Decent Assist Control" will not available.

"Hill Decent Assist Control" use engine breaking plus vehicle breaks (with break calipers physically apply the breaks automatically as necessary) to regulate the speed (about 5km/h) while the user have to do the steering. This is only available for decent. I have 1.6 petrol auto with grip control and it is work very well.

What you explain is the decent on low gear at, i.e. D1 (you can see it on the display) this only use engine speed control. No vehicle break application automaticaly. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts