Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a daft question so apologies beforehand.
Does my GT Line 1.6 Diesel 120 come with Hill assist or is this yet another extra to have?
At the moment can't recall what I do or don't have. I know I didn't ask for Grip Control :lol:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it does

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (40.2mpg)
Another issue then! I have never noticed it kicking in. But this may be down to operator error.mjust getting my ammo for Tuesday's showdown :lol:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is it supposed to work? What I really mean is, how do I know it works? I have been on a few inclines where I can feel the car start to slip back before I give it some power.

·
Registered
683 Posts
How is it supposed to work? What I really mean is, how do I know it works? I have been on a few inclines where I can feel the car start to slip back before I give it some power.
If the car senses a 12 degree incline or more hill assist will work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On our current car which isn't a 3008 I just engage D, take the handbrake off, take my foot off the brake pedal and it's on instantly. If the car doesn't roll then it's working. Ours doesn't have a light either. It's fantastic when trying to get out of a parking space on a hill into traffic.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On our current car which isn't a 3008 I just engage D, take the handbrake off, take my foot off the brake pedal and it's on instantly. If the car doesn't roll then it's working. Ours doesn't have a light either. It's fantastic when trying to get out of a parking space on a hill into traffic.
Cheers, Doffin, I assume you drive an automatic. All autos I have driven have this feature, what is termed hill assist by Peugeot.
Safe driving :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks, plenty of hills where I live, mostly well over 12% but not noticed anything kicking in.
:thumb:
And don't forget it only 'holds' for approximately 2 seconds, assuming the appropriate conditions are met (ie, appropriate gradient, fully stationary with foot on the brake pedal, drivers door shut - handbook page 216).

This is normally plenty of time, after which the brakes will release and you will start to roll if you've not started to pull away (or at least that's the case with my current 308, assume its the same for the 3008 - hope to find out shortly!)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cheers, Doffin, I assume you drive an automatic. All autos I have driven have this feature, what is termed hill assist by Peugeot.
Safe driving :thumb:
Hi, yes it's an auto but our previous auto didn't have this. It would roll back before the drive kicked in. With the current one it doesn't roll back at all.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That's curious, I've had numerous autos over the years of different makes and never had one that rolls back while it's in drive..

Grumpy

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's curious, I've had numerous autos over the years of different makes and never had one that rolls back while it's in drive..

Grumpy
That's been my experience too, Grumpy. Must vary a little from maker to maker.
:thumb:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't understand the hill assist on an auto. As has been said in drive all autos I have driven never roll back. They generally require your foot on the break to start so as you put in from park into drive you can then release the break and there is no way for it to go back unless you put it in neutral.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I had hill assist on both my previous manual Ford Focus’ and never used it because I was taught to drive using the handbrake, accelerator and clutch although it might have kicked in without me realising it on occasions.
My automatic 3008 if held with the footbrake on a slight incline will roll back when my foot switches to the accelerator but not if the park brake is applied. On a steeper incline the car does not roll back if the footbrake is applied and released while switching to the accelerator.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I had hill assist on both my previous manual Ford Focus’ and never used it because I was taught to drive using the handbrake, accelerator and clutch although it might have kicked in without me realising it on occasions.
My automatic 3008 if held with the footbrake on a slight incline will roll back when my foot switches to the accelerator but not if the park brake is applied. On a steeper incline the car does not roll back if the footbrake is applied and released while switching to the accelerator.
Thats quite disappointing then and I wonder what the technical reason for this is. It doesn't do this on our EAT6 508 so I'd assumed it'd be the same. In fact a lot of the time I don't use the accelerator, ie if you take your foot off of the brake when in drive the car creeps forward on it's own regardless of the severity of incline.

Actually I wonder if it has something to do with the start/stop functionality which seems to be the only difference between the 3008 and prior auto's others have experienced. I suspect the 3008 drops it out of drive when you have your foot on the break and then uses software to put it back into drive when you release the break, with this method being disabled on 12% plus incline. I wonder if SS is disabled whether it stays in drive and then doesn't roll back.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Thats quite disappointing then and I wonder what the technical reason for this is. It doesn't do this on our EAT6 508 so I'd assumed it'd be the same. In fact a lot of the time I don't use the accelerator, ie if you take your foot off of the brake when in drive the car creeps forward on it's own regardless of the severity of incline.

Actually I wonder if it has something to do with the start/stop functionality which seems to be the only difference between the 3008 and prior auto's others have experienced. I suspect the 3008 drops it out of drive when you have your foot on the break and then uses software to put it back into drive when you release the break, with this method being disabled on 12% plus incline. I wonder if SS is disabled whether it stays in drive and then doesn't roll back.
I was beginning to think you could be right about the stop / start but then I remembered s/s hasn't operated for a while now, presumably because it's been so hot and the A/C has been on, but not today! Coming back from a short trip this afternoon I had to stop at some roadwork traffic lights on a slight incline with engine running and a car draw up rather close behind me. I was aware what could happen and it did. As I released the brake the car rolled back very slightly as I switched to the accelerator so if the car was a little too close I might have reversed into it. Had I thought there was a danger of this I'd like to think I would have applied the park brake.

On a flat road there is a tendancy for the car to leap forward as the brake is released.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts