Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
can anyone help, I have a 207 vti 120 sport and it runs fine for months and then if you go on a motorway journey of more than about forty miles it develops a misfire that gets worse, getting bad enough so it is hard to keep engine running, I then get car off of mway stop engine leave it off for five mins (may be ok after less but usually just let it stand a little while) and restart it, car then can run fine for months until next time you are on a long motorway journey and it misfires again, it has had a new genuine Peugeot cat, new lambda sensor and new spark plugs, but this work was not done because of misfire it was done to clear emissions faults,

Thanks Very much for any help

(could it be coil pack(s)):confused:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Maybe an injector playing up? I would try some petrol injector cleaner, Redex or similar, it may help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI David, would you say it is likely to be coil packs breaking down after an hour or so driving without much of a change of engine speed, have also heard that plugs work better (less likely to stop sparking) if gap is reduced to 0.65mm, I will get codes read and if it is cylinder three and four (again), I will try source two new coil packs, are there any ones that are poor quality or are they all as good or bad as each other,
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts