Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Got a 2015 308sw with the 1.2 110 bhp 3 cyl puretech engine. It has approximately 125 000 km on the clock.
This year I notice that I need to top up oil more often. Not sure about the consumption but I estimate it needs one litre per 4000 km or so (gonna take better notice from now on).
Anyone else seeing this? Can it be normal? I think not.
Thanks in advance for any input on this!

Skickat från min BLA-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
How is it driven? Does the engine ever get near the red line on the rev counter?

Mine hardly uses oil between services - doesn't need topping up & it does get driven enthusiastically once its up to temperature.

I know two other Puretech owners, one has a 110 bhp 208 & the other has a 130 bhp 308 ( both cars are newer & lower mileage then mine ) & both have had the low oil warning appear & the need to top up the oil between services as it was below the min on the dipstick - both also just get driven without ever going near the red line.

Also are you using the correct Peugeot spec oil in the engine?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying Mr Lee!
It get driven quite carefully and never reved even close to the redline.
Yes, I use oil with Peugeot specification.

·
Registered
217 Posts
There was a known defect in several 2015 batch puretech 1.2 engines. It caused excessive oil consumption.
In most cases it requires some engine parts replacement (or new engine if bought extended warranty).

Under normal circumstances the 1.2L hardly ever looses oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I have purchased a 2015 plate 308sw 1.2 puretech 130ps with 74K km on the odometer last December.
The car was in excellent condition but appeared to swallow excessive amounts of oil. It hit the 1 liter oil per 1000km. The car was serviced only in official garages with recommended oils and on time. I don't know what was the nature of driving of the previous owner. The car had a timing belt replaced with cleaning of crumbs at 67K though.
Hitting the pedal to the metal resulted with a smoke cloud.
All tests done to the car were OK, including reverse and forward compressions.
According to the official Peugeot importer tech department, up to 500ml of oil consumption per 1000km is valid consumption - I admit that I didn't liked the idea of such consumption. I know that VAG claims on their tsi engines that up to 1 liter per 1000km is valid too

Eventually, Peugeot replaced the engine to a new one on their account.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a Citroen C3 Aircross with the same engine(110 ps).
I went to them with the same problem-oil consumption. Same answer - 500ml of oil consumption per 1000km is valid consumption.
In my opinion a car with 24000 km with oil consumption is not reasonable .
How did you convinced them to change your engine ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Half a litr of oil in a 1000km is very excess and will damage the cat on a petrol. Do not be accept this write directly to Citroen.

·
7,038 Posts
PSA used to say upto 1Ltr per 1000 miles was within spec on the original prince VTI engine and refused any warranty work below that figure

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi!
Got a 2015 308sw with the 1.2 110 bhp 3 cyl puretech engine. It has approximately 125 000 km on the clock.
This year I notice that I need to top up oil more often. Not sure about the consumption but I estimate it needs one litre per 4000 km or so (gonna take better notice from now on).
Anyone else seeing this? Can it be normal? I think not.
Thanks in advance for any input on this!

Mine was leaking oil for god knows how long until I finally noticed. You should check if it's not leaking. It happened to me - was very confused of why it was taking so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts