Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to know what mileage is on your car, I have a 406 HDI which has 174000 miles, anyone got one with more?:):thumb:

·
5,630 Posts
I recently sold my 2.0 110 hdi 307SW with 260K miles on the clock.

It was still running well, using no oil and was still on original turbo, pump and injectors.

I am hoping i will similar milage out of the DS

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I part exchanged my 307 with close on 180k after putting on nearly 75k in just over 12 months. Original engine & turbo. Clutch & cambelt changed at around 130k. It was still a great runner but the wife took a fancy to a 308 when I called in at the dealers to buy 4 front disc securing screws in readiness for replacing the front discs & pads. Needless to say I never got round to fitting the newly purchased discs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Interesting stuff here, my 1.6 HDi is almost on 114k, wonder how long it will last, hopefully for many many more miles as I've not long acquired it. :nod:

·
Registered
764 Posts
306 2.0 Hdi. Been remapped for the last 4 or 5 years, owned for 8 years! It's got 245k on the clocks, still on original turbo, clutch and rear beam. (Fuel pump went faulty around 220k, injectors were replaced with brand new units as I felt like it lol) All the electrics bar the AC (as per usual) still work!

Sadly replaced with a 407 Coupe, which I am quite liking!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My old 406 110 HDi had 160,000 miles on the clock when I sold it to a local guy who in turn gave it to his brother. The car has since been scrapped but it had a well documented 250,000 miles before being given away and scrapped after. No idea what mileage it had by that time.
My father had a 90bhp 406 HDi wagon with well over 230,000 miles before he "traded" it in. I remember driving that and thinking that there was still a bit of life in the car. It was, unfortunately, falling apart at that stage.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My wife's 307sw has 230+k behind it in its life as a cab and is still running like new on its third clutch, second alternator and battery, engine mounts, and a metal coolant pipe round the back of the engine. It has has several wheel bearings, brakes, cv boots and tyres.
My son in laws old 406 is similarly running well at 280k. The Mondeo bought to replace it died of injection system failure at 160k.
How do you get mega miles from an engine?. Simple change the oil frequently and use the best oil available. Keep up with other maintenance, but never skimp on oil.

Roger.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As I've got another HDI I may as well add to this, it's still a baby in comparison at 132,000 miles, but as far as I am aware (waiting for reaction) it's still on it's original cambelt!! Naturally the belt has arrived and will be going on it tomorrow.

That said though, it may have had the belt changed, but I don't have a receipt for it and the garages who've stamped the service book didn't have any record of a cambelt change :eek:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As I've got another HDI I may as well add to this, it's still a baby in comparison at 132,000 miles, but as far as I am aware (waiting for reaction) it's still on it's original cambelt!! Naturally the belt has arrived and will be going on it tomorrow.

That said though, it may have had the belt changed, but I don't have a receipt for it and the garages who've stamped the service book didn't have any record of a cambelt change :eek:
You've taken a big step to getting a big mileage from your engine. Don't forget to change the oil every 5k, and use a premium quality oil.

Roger.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You've taken a big step to getting a big mileage from your engine. Don't forget to change the oil every 5k, and use a premium quality oil.

Roger.
Unfortunately the current budget doesn't allow a lower millage car, the oil change will be kept on top of, I'd rather that than having to replace the turbo :D

The cambelt was changed today, took a few hours but it's done now; looks like the belt was the original as the tensioner had a date mark of 2007 (the age of the car).

·
5,630 Posts
I always go for quality oil over short change intervals.

My old 307 2.0 HDI had oil changes at the normal 12500 miles intervals (at least twice a year at least due to miles i covered) using Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel and genuine filter and was still going strong at over 270K miles with original turbo and injection system.

It still used near on no oil and started on the button when sold

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I sold a 2011 5008 to my mate a couple of years ago with 154k on the clock. I seen him with the car yesterday and it's now got 301k on the clock. 2l engine, still same turbo and all that. Had to have the manual gearbox overhauled last year.

He says it's still running great apart from the mpg has dropped slightly.

Grumpy

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi one of our friends is a taxi driver and hers has just reached 394.000 no major problems serviced as per mileage only used best quality oil and filters , i am still amazed at how well its doing

·
Registered
764 Posts

Roger.
5k is quite excessive, 11-20k is what Peugeot Recommend but I personally would recommend every 10k.

Peugeot recommend Total Lubricants, that's what I ran my 306 on and it was fine. It helps that Total engine oil is also one of the cheapest engine oil too!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yeah, the Total 5w30 isn't much over £20 for a DIY change (plus of course the filter cartridge, but they aren't too dear).

I don't really cover high millage and could get away with 1 change a year but my previous car was a Honda Accord 2.2 i-CTDI which required 6 monthly changes with Mobil 1 0w30, which isn't cheap at all! Just to top it off it required over 5 litres of it.

Given the price of Total 5w30 and the simplicity of the job, I'm happy to take a risk of 6 monthly changes in the hope that it prolongs the life of the engine.

·
Registered
881 Posts
As long as you change the oil and filters regularly (and cambelt) these old Pug diesels will last for ever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts