Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, my name is Gareth and this is my first time on here, i need some good advice, i need a van and i have been offered 2005 partner 2.0 hdi, mint condition but 221,000 miles , major service history no need for a cambelt til 270,000, drives perfect, are these good for a lot more milage and is it worth £1900 ,12 mot 12 tax ,sld,ac and mint condition, give me an idea what i should do, need it to last for 2 years doing 10-15k a year,many thanks Gareth

G

·
Hi - and welcome!

I would hope that the price includes VAT... as that is probably at the very top end of the price scale.

I think the decision as to good deal or not may come down to the service history and the condition, as the miles are no great shakes if its been driven with consideration.

Is the rest of the van in good nick? If so, the suspension etc will have had the main bits replaced (several) trimes by now, and even if the negine went, there are plenty engines for not much cash...its just the hassle. If its been well maintained and not thrashed, I would not worry too much.

You will have good bargaining power with those miles as not many will touch it at that, and a dealer would just send it to auction.

David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks

The price does include vat, the van is pretty much immaculate,brand new ply lining with side loading door, 14 or 16 stamps in the service book.My friend who is selling it is anally retentive about everything he buys so he would not put up with any funny noises or anything like that, its is that price with no money off.Cheers Gareth

G

·
Sounds sensible then... have you checked theprice against other local vans?

There are surprising price variations across regions...

D

·
Registered
29 Posts
the 2lt hdi certainly seems to be quite frugal, ( well mine is ) i get a good 50+ mpg from mine and its gets driven quite hard...

the cost to me with those miles seems quite high..? but you do say its ' mint'

have you looked at the auctions yourself, - especially in recession times there are quite a few vans at auction where they have been repossesed or need to be sold to raise funds or reduce a companys costs, you may get a bargain...

i was recently at an auction with a friend who saw my partner and wanted one, he got a 54 reg 2.0l hdi with a full set of service stamps with only 43,000 miles he paid just under 2k for it and that was after paying the buyers fee at the auction house too,
it did not have ply lining though and did have the odd little mark/ stone chip ( to be expected on a 54 reg) but otheriwise it was a clean and tidy van - we think it was a florists van as it had interflora business cards in the door pocket !!!

ok it had no road tax on it, and it only had about 3 months MOT - it needed 2 front tyres but still for £1960 it was a bargain.....

G

·
Agreed, auctions were always a good place to look but now the credit crunch is well and truly here it really is a great option

Was watching a program about it not long ago and they were picking up allsorts for pocket change!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.