Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Car booked in at my local Peugeot dealer on monday for the partcitulate filter changing just wondering if anyone can tell me if changing this will sort out the MPG which is very poor its doing aprox 25 MPG or 100 miles to £20:confused: the car i have is a 307 HDi 2003 110 please can some one help:)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mpg

replacing the particulate filter will help increase your mpg, but 25mpg does still seem very low. :confused:

how much for your particulate filter changing? I got mine done at sunwin motors (peugeot main dealer) in Loughborough for £425.:jedi:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting filter and told all pipes, pressure sensor, oil,gaskets,wiring to the filler neck need changing at a cost of £518 inc VAT and fitting at my local peugeot dealer hopefully will sort out fuel consumption what sort off mileage are you getting to £20

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mpg

I usually get around 200 miles for £30, so about 35mpg but that is all short jorneys around town and to work and back. I do about 30 miles a day with all the journeys lasting at the most about 6 miles so the fuel consumption would be at it's worst.

Your 25mpg seems very low unless you were doing even smaller journeys than me but I would still expect better than that.

As for the price, that is very good for all that work as Peugeot dealers are franchise and can basically make up their own prices. I was quoted £700 for a particulate filter and fluid change in a Leicester Peugeot dealership.

hope the all the work sorts the problem out for you. Does the particulate filter need changing, is the warning light coming on saying it needs replacing? I've had three 307's that have had the warning light come on and basically you have no choice but to have it replaced (or sell the car) as the car goes into limp mode. What did Peugeot say was the issue with the filter, did they inspect it and say it was beyond refilling or are they just trying to get you to change something that might be working fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.