Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5,087 Posts
Cos hid's have been known to screw up the wipers on 407's. They cause a spike when they ignite(switch on ) and the wipers won't switch off no matter what you do barring disconnecting the battery

·
Registered
548 Posts
Avoid cheap ballasts/kits.

I've just fitted a set to my 307 with projectors using a relay loom to avoid drawing large current through BSI.

XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H1 6000k 55W | eBay

Used the above after looking at guides on how to try and identify quality ballasts - while I'm not saying these are top quality they do seem ok. I did swap out the 6000k for 4300k as I don't want a blue tinge.

·
5,087 Posts
No on 407's they are a gamble. I fitted them to my first 407 and had no problems other than a warning when they switched off,same as lazydave but because of all the issues others had I didn't fit them to my last one and won't be fitting to this one. Which is a shame as I loved them

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can vouch for trem and I have had experience with it... 2 new wiper motors... And they ain't cheap for 2nd hand ones as well!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello.

Is it same problem when mounting Auxiallury lights, or only when convert original head lights?

Did LED lights also upset the electronics of the 407?

Thank you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't understand how it affects the window wipers i've had mine in for 2 months now and had no problems with them

·
5,087 Posts
some get away with it others don't. No pattern to it as far as i know. I had them in my first 407 and apart from an error message when they switched off they were faultless for years. BUT because of people having problems i wouldnt fit them to my second or even now my third 407.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
it's like you say each to their own but i only get error messages coming up when the bulbs have blown

1 - 12 of 12 Posts