Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering what scale of kelvin colour is the best for 307? some say 6k some 8k.

And are they road legal? As my mates have them like very bright and theyve been using it for like years now.

Gimme explanations please!
Thanks vey much!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had 10k bulbs on my old gold peugeot 307, they looked really nice and i had them with projector headlights the halo ring ones so they didnt dazzle anyone, infact i was a little bit upset that they where so hidden because all you could see was a small blue coloured lense, however the color of the road as you are driving was really nice. for as long as i know they are road legal, i know alot of people have them but i never had the car long enough to get it an mot when i had them but ive heard that they will pass if they are fitted right, i got mine fitted for about 40 quid and they were very secure. the light is slightly blue but not enough to be able to tell its more a hazey white with slight blue tinge, sort of the same color as the mercs and bmws that have hids with projectors today. i now have another peugeot 307 and when i have money i will deffinately be investing in some new hids! :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
No drop-in HID kit is legal regardless of colour temp. Even tho the beam pattern may be acceptable, lack of automatic levelling makes it an MoT fail.

On colour, most factory HIDs are 4300k. Once you go above 6000k you're certainly losing useful light...

D

·
0 Posts
No drop-in HID kit is legal regardless of colour temp. Even tho the beam pattern may be acceptable, lack of automatic levelling makes it an MoT fail.

On colour, most factory HIDs are 4300k. Once you go above 6000k you're certainly losing useful light...
Is that European law of just uk?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke to the guy (mechanic) who fitted the HID's he said it is MOT acceptable as long as it wont go up 8k as 10k gives you purpleish colour and that is eye catching for the police, 8k is still white with a hint of blue tinge and he just need to re adjust my bulb place to keep it down so it wont be on the drivers faces passing me by.

But i really like my HID's they're lovely! very bright!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, i have 8k 55watts HID bulbs installed in my car, I was just wondering if they are road legal as they are very bright and every ar passes my they flashes their lights as well meaning they are blinded lol. police might stop me for that?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Not legal. Simples!

edit: in full disclosure, I run 4300k lamps in our 307; it's a later one with projectors so cutoff is good. I couldn't speak for earlier models tho...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts