Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good quality HID kit with H4 bulbs. Anyone know whats a good kit? Linky maybe?

·
5,669 Posts
There are quite a few kits that i have used without problems however H4 kits are the most problematic the ones with HID dip and standard main beams appear to give least problems the moving shield HID hi/lo versions.

I have used kits similar to this and they were fine and no issues with beam set

slim HID Xenon 35W H4-2 DUAL xenon halogen BEAM headlight KIT 4300K 6000K 10000K | eBay

NB i always find 6000K gives the best light colour

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great stuff. Those above are only £15. Is that right. Wonder what the quality is??

·
5,669 Posts
I only paid about £25 for my current 307 H1R kit and its still working about 2 Yrs and 40K miles later.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just bought this:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/HI-LOW-Xenon-Headlamp-Conversion-Advanced/dp/B002RLGY7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362847194&sr=8-1[/ame]

·
5,669 Posts
The UK requirement at MOT has been miss reported. If you have factory fitted HID it is a fail if headlamp washers don't work. If fit aftermarket and washers are not fitted it is NOT a fail.

Dave, you may have problems with those units HI/LO units as i said they only have one HID bulb and a moving shield to go from dip to main beam. The main beam feed just operates an electro magnet to move shield so 99% of the time trip CAN faults for blown main beams if bulb sensors fitted and they often stick. hopefully yours will be OK

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The UK requirement at MOT has been miss reported. If you have factory fitted HID it is a fail if headlamp washers don't work. If fit aftermarket and washers are not fitted it is NOT a fail.

Dave, you may have problems with those units HI/LO units as i said they only have one HID bulb and a moving shield to go from dip to main beam. The main beam feed just operates an electro magnet to move shield so 99% of the time trip CAN faults for blown main beams if bulb sensors fitted and they often stick. hopefully yours will be OK
I'll give them a go anyway. They'll be going into my van which hasn't a multiplex signal anywhere.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts

Last ime i was getting PSV done , old geezer in an older Mercedes pulled up and asked MOT guy about his newly fitted HID`s , MOT guy says they are a fail if you don`t have washers .

I`d like them in my 407 but until the MOT guys learn the rules i`m not taking a chance :thumb:

·
Registered
14,286 Posts
As said only factory fit xenons need washers and leveling devices the grey area continues for much longer and anyone failing them is wrong

Having said that i see no need for them especially the silly ones that look blue

If you cannot see good at night then there is something seriously wrong with your eyesight and blinding every other driver with overbright headlights does not cure it :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Last ime i was getting PSV done , old geezer in an older Mercedes pulled up and asked MOT guy about his newly fitted HID`s , MOT guy says they are a fail if you don`t have washers .

I`d like them in my 407 but until the MOT guys learn the rules i`m not taking a chance :thumb:
Betty, is it worth the possible wiper problem??

The wiper problem is the only reason i haven't fitted them to my 407.

I had them fitted to my hyundai coupe in the dips, fogs and highs. Think they cost around £20 a set, and i never even got an advisory for them on MOT, but i did have a tint film on the lenses

1 - 20 of 27 Posts