Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone give me some suggestions on HID headlights. just pick up the new car yesterday and now looking at tinkering with it already. i like the look of HID lights and wondered how easy they are to fit and do they give you better vision. and of course a stylish look.
Thanks
m:)

·
5,027 Posts
in simple terms

yes there easy to fit

yes they do improve visibity

yes they look stylish

BUT

some people with 407's (unsure of other pugs) have had issues after fitting Hid's. wipers wont switch off etc

mine have been on 3 or 4 years now tho without a problem..........except an error message when they switch off :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hid kits for peugeot h1,h4,h7

Hi

if you want to contact me i do fully uk legal 6000k hid lighting kits for peugeot. The hid systems are fully canbus compatible, no errors at all when fitted, no problems caused to other systems, and they give you the same look as the new MERC, BMW crisp bright white light.

oh and they are so easy to fit,,,,,20mins per side, and come with full fitting diagrams.

Home - EasyDiagnostic
[email protected]

·
Registered
16 Posts
In my 407 after one month of use, HIDs burn both wipers motors and bsm.
Wipers motors must have soldered new TJA 1020 LIN transceivers ,same with bsm. Resoldered in wipers motors myself but bsm is dificult to dismantle and cheap secondhand.So i get another one with same numbers as mine.
Fault happend when lights was turning on and i turn on wipers in same moment.
Im not sure what happend with your 307 but .....

·
Registered
552 Posts
With the 407's, at least to protect stuff your supposed to fit a relay harness so it's basically powered directly from the battery.

This will save your wiper motors, which seem to be the biggest issue most people have with them.

If in doubt, fit a relay harness anyway.

Phil

·
Registered
552 Posts
Every day i learn something new.:thumb:. Relay from ebay will be fine?
Hids waiting to put them back.
Yeah, should be about £9 or so1

Some harnesses are equipped to deal with one headlight, so you will of course need two. Others are equipped to deal with both headlights, they are slightly more expensive, but also don't seem to be as common.

Phil

·
Registered
4 Posts
Every day i learn something new.:thumb:. Relay from ebay will be fine?
Hids waiting to put them back.
Actually no.
A relay won´t solve the problem.

This problem is not unic to the Peugeot 407.

Audi A3, Golf V & Volvo S40 are some of the cars that suffer the same problem after installing aftermarket HID.

If adding a relay was the solution, all this problems would be solved many years ago.

The HID kit works using 26.000v to start the Xenon bulb.
This high current spike creates an electromagtic field that produces interferences with some wiper motors & radios.

Using a regular aftermarket HID won´t work, because this the interference it´s spread by air. (not by cables as many think).

In VWVortex forums they are making a Group Buy for a specific HID that solve this problem with the wiper motor.

This is the link if someone wants to know more about it.
VWVortex.com - Group Buy on Well Done HID kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts