Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to this forum so firstly id like to say hi to all.

my question and car problems has brought me to this site

the question is that I have a 2001 pug 307 1.4 hdi I wanted to know what diagnostic tool to buy to connect to read and erase faults and eml.
I have seen a cheap Bluetooth code reader on ebay but before I purchase anything can someone point me in the right direction
thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
be wary of the cheap ODB bluetooth adapters. some of them work OK others have caused people problems with there ECU.

look at the OBD auto doctor forums.

I have an Ifostek bluetooth adapter, conects to my peugot 307 2.0 hdi 90 (2004) fine however i wouldnt trust it to give the full picture as it doesnt support all of the sensors and cant access some of the advanced stuf that peugot planet can.

The OBD bluetooth adapters are OK at finding fault codes, can clear them and they read engine revs turbo boost, MAF and a few other sensors but alot is missing. No injector correction for a start, no crank sync info, no temp etc. alot missing.

The OBD adapter with torque or OBD auto docter can clear fault codes . I havnt tested it fully on a pug (as mine has no EML on) but it did on a Fiat Doblo and the code came back due to faulty MAP sensor.

I'd recomend lexia interface with PP, the cost will usually cover itself in diagnostic fees if you have to use a garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts