Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all fellow 607'ers, first post here so cheers for your input.
Just bought a 04 reg 2.2 hdi, 40k on the clock. Some nut set fire to my lovely 605 srdti, so I took the plunge & got a bargain 607. Seems to be working fine, nice car,..... but! if I lock the doors with the key button the alarm goes off after a couple of mins. Any one got any input on this?
Lovely smooth ride, smooth engine, but I miss the sheer grunt of my 605. Why is it that the 607 has cleaner emmissions, less grunt & more thirsty? used to get 50-55mph on a run & that was tonking along! Ah well, Nice to be in such esteemed company.
Thanks to all you who spend time to help others. Much appreciated.
cheers.

Ps Are all the windows electric folding, mine dont seem to be. Maybe they disabled this? How do I find out?

G

·
Your 607 has 90NM more torque than the olde car, but weighs about 200kg more, so perhaps the mass blunts the grunt. Lordy, what kind of nutter torches an innocent Peugeot?

Hokay, is your alarm factory or aftermarket?

Obvious one, assuming the car isn't faulty, is to configure the system to isolate the volumetric glass break sensors - if that cures it then try closing the interior vents, and or having the sensitivity adjusted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kindly for the reply, alarm is factory, looks like I got to take it in to a dealer then? as I'm a techno nerd, fairly good at diesels but its a totally different ballgame these days.
cheeeeeers

G

·
I'm not overly familiar with the 607, but go through the menus on the On Board computer and there may be one for disabling the interior sensors, or there may be a button on the dash a la 407. Try it first, and if it does cure it the dealer probably just needs to turn the sensitivity down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts