Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks, my names chris, its my first post so here goes, ive bought a partner van for mainly fishing trips and transport for work, its a diesel non turbo 51 reg 2001 with 77k on the clock and part service history, its been running fine for a while but this evening has developed a rattle thats seems to be coming from the back of the engine, almost as though its coming from behind the manifold area, its sounds worse in the cabin and seems louder around 1500-2000 rpm and when de-accelerating, it can be heard with the bonnet open, but only just as the engine noise drowns out most noise, the noise started after the engine was started after a brief stop after a 15 mile journey from work. its seems to drive fine, theres no power loss, theres just a rattle sound that was there this morning, the noise doesnt have rhythm and isnt high pitched.

it had an oil and filter service around 2000miles ago, from what i understand its an ex-national grid company vehicle.

thanks for any advice/solutions anyone has.

best regards, chris.:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think i may of sorted the problem, the airbox in the lower nearside area of the engine compartment was loose, it had come away from its fixing pins, since bolting back into position the rattle has stopped, for good i hope.

cheers, chris.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts