Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, Alan here from the York area, apparently a PSA fan lol, got a 407 2 litre hdi sport, second 407 iv'e had, also had 2 x 406's 2.1 and a 2 litre and a 2.2 auto C5 estate which I de-DMF'd, and now got a 2011 508 sw odd ball, as in not seen any others up for sale, it has a 1.6 VTi engine coupled to the EGC semi auto 6 speed box, I was restricted to a euro 5 petrol or euro 6 diesel, couldn't afford that, and also didn't want a manual, If this lasts a couple of years problem free, I will replace it with a diesel auto when I will be able to afford it.
Read the few horror stories of the EGC auto, but not really been put off yet as I have been driving trucks that have the same set up, you also get good and bad with them, I will add that there was a bit of judder on the 508 when in first and reverse which the dealer decided a new clutch was required which they are doing thankfully, apart from that it was pretty smooth on the gear changes, probably only needed a relearn or a hard reset which I have seen on one of the citroen forums.
Also have Diagbox as well, which saved me a few quid on sorting the current 407 out on a minor relay problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts