Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I'm Burt from The Netherlands and ....

I own a Boxer 2.8 hdi RV:

and a black 2003 Volvo V40 2.0 turbo, since August 2009, am doing my
utmost to keep her in the family for many years to come.

I started owning a second car a couple of years ago, started with a Dodge Ram Van 2.4
which was traded in on our previous RV, missing an extra set of wheels
I bought 1988 Oldsmobile which my wife hated.
I agreed to trade it in if she would agree me buying a Camaro
which I did, a 1998 3.8 v6:

I totalled it after 14 months of proud ownership, on a cold evening March this year,
it was drivable damage so kept it until I came across a the wright buyer,
the next day bought a 2002 PT Cruiser with which I never develloped a warm relation,
traded that one for a 2004 Sonata of which the tranny seized last Friday,
I had it towed to be recycled,
saw this one owner 406 a 4 mins drive away from me, haggled the price by email from 1000 to 600 euro
price valid after having a satisfying test drive/inspection tomorrow morning.

Sure hope the 406 is in good condition and will stay with me for a long time.

That's about it what I wanted to share for now about cars.
I'm driving since 1980,
started riding motorcycles in 1994
and regular pedalbikes in 1966 (I was 4 at the time)

Thanks for having me and sharing your knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Welcome! Get the post count up to 5 and post all the pics you want!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, looks a lot better with pics.

Aaaaa and vids are auto embeded, wow cool, here's the Boxer in the French Alps, last October, 1300 mtrs elev. / best campsite that trip, stunning view

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just noticed 3 of the mods UK based, forum itself also UK based?

Wife and I visit the UK once a year to join our UK Chinese Airgun Forum's friends HFT weekend, we shoot daytime and have a couple of beers at night.

Am looking forward to our 2018 meeting, iagw we'll tour Scotland w. the Boxer first for a fortnight. Pitty no airguns allowed in Scotland anymore. Can't bring my own in 2018.

And what sux most is that I raffle a self tuned airgun no money involved amongst the newbies and can't do that this year. Well maybe I can if I take the stock along with me in the Boxer and snail-mail the action to a fellow admin of the airgun forum. Most of my rifles are below the UK legal limit, 11.5 fpe is sufficient. so is < 6 fpe for pistols. But magnums can be fun too.

If anyone is interested I've upped +250 vids on various subjects that have my interest here https://www.youtube.com/user/Brutuz62/videos?disable_polymer=1 cars guns etc

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
I think all us mods are UK based! Most of the users are UK, but we are a worldwide forum. Owners are based in Canada.

Reactions: trem1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think all us mods are UK based! Most of the users are UK, but we are a worldwide forum. Owners are based in Canada.
Thanks for the update Steve.

Today went well, test drove the 406, minor brake issues, loosing pressure, have to check the vacuumhoses tomorrow, and the fuses as the window wash doesn't worl, maybe a fuse, or replace the ww motor.

Managed to get the price down from 999 to 600 yesterday, after the test drive haggled another 90 off of the 600

Well here she is, in all her glory, in the port of Amsterdam close to my work:

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Thanks for the update Steve.

Today went well, test drove the 406, minor brake issues, loosing pressure, have to check the vacuumhoses tomorrow, and the fuses as the window wash doesn't worl, maybe a fuse, or replace the ww motor.

Managed to get the price down from 999 to 600 yesterday, after the test drive haggled another 90 off of the 600

Well here she is, in all her glory, in the port of Amsterdam close to my work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v503n2qido
Thanks for the pictures.

AS this is the Introduction section, which you have done very well at, may I suggest you post on the 407 section.

Their a friendly lot there and loads of good posts there.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Thanks for the pictures.

AS this is the Introduction section, which you have done very well at, may I suggest you post on the 407 section.

Their a friendly lot there and loads of good posts there.

Paul
Or the 406 section. Saying as that's what you drive....:D:D:D

Reactions: trem1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts