Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone.
Just joined today.
I have 5 Peugeots with another on the way.
Also a Land Rover Discovery 4. (Nice!)

The one coming is a 1998 406 sedan (V6) which I intend to strip down for Rally-Sprint and Targa events here in WA. And possibly do the Targa Tasmania in 2021. (the 30th anniversary)

I am going to Turbo the 406 - undecided whether to do twin turbos or just one biggish one!
I will probably use Wiseco VG30DETT pistons and rods but I am not completely sure they will fit yet. These will lower the CR to about 8.5:1

I am in need of detailed drawings or specifications of the existing 10.5:1 pistons that are in the engine already.

I do need to know if the ECU can be re-programmed (flashed) or whether its best to get an aftermarket management system.

The other thing is :- will a 505 Torsen diff centre fit the BVM MLT5 gearbox?

Cheers
Roland
:)

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
505 diff will not fit its a very different design 505 rear diff was used by dangel in the rear of the 4x4 405s and citroen bx etc the front diff from 1 of those may fit although they had the be4 box.

You should have wrote this a few weeks ago i just scrapped a v6 engine i could have stripped out a piston and rod for sizes !

Renault turbo'd the older V6 im not sure they ever turbo'd this version though but i recon it could take it sure there was some sports car maker used it in turbo'd form

1 - 2 of 2 Posts