Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Simon here from Ireland, recently made unemployed due to coronavirus and lost company van, so needed to get myself wheels that could act as a car or a van when needed, I previously had a 2009 308 hdi sport 6 speed so went for similar again, this time in the form of a 308sw (2008) well spec’d car but a couple problems to sort, central locking doesn’t work, auto electrician reckons re body both keys and program them back to the car, nothing happens when turn key left or right in driver door so the only access is opening using passenger door, no major plans at the minute as it’s just a cheap car, a set of 5000k hid low beams, led number plate lamps and interior bulbs and new plates will make it smart enough for my needs....

if anyone had a list of the interior bulbs or a link to the kit that would be great

thanks for looking
Si

·
6,451 Posts
Thanks for the intro, welcome to the forum i am sure someone here can advise on the bulbs. It could be a faulty lock or the link rod has become disconnected on the driver door lock

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the intro, welcome to the forum i am sure someone here can advise on the bulbs. It could be a faulty lock or the link rod has become disconnected on the driver door lock
Thanks for the reply I’ll get the keys sorted first and then see about the lock, I’d say it’s electrical as the interior light doesn’t come on with the door either

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Welcome my dad lives in Ireland but his 308 never gave him any problems luckily

If the door won’t open with the key it’s either a linkage or the locks stuck on my wife’s vw i smacked where the key goes in as theres a cable worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome my dad lives in Ireland but his 308 never gave him any problems luckily

If the door won’t open with the key it’s either a linkage or the locks stuck on my wife’s vw i smacked where the key goes in as theres a cable worth a try

I’m inclined to think it’s electrical as the light doesn’t come on and the door open symbol doesn’t show up when the door is opened and closed but the driver door does lock and unlock from the passenger side

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yer sounds electrical.
You say it doesn’t work with the key though which sounds really odd as even though it’s the same lock the key sides mechanical

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
The door sensors do go but that doesn’t normally stop the lock working. It just plays up the alarm and auto lock etc

If your ok with a spanner and have a multimeter I would test the plug to the actual lock and then investigate backwards with the wiring

If the connectors showing the correct voltage. Try using the key central locking and off to see any voltage in the connector. If so I say failed lock mechanism

If not you will need to backtrack the wiring

Does the door unlock with the button inside the car. When your in the car if you pull the lever twice does the door release

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Central locking has been sorted with a new pcb in one key for now, I’m waiting for a few bits from eBay and wish , hid kit, rear led number plate lights, I’ve purchased a parrot mki9200 also waiting for an SOT lead for that, and an outer shell for the spare other key , and the missus bought me new plates so I’m trying to find a Peugeot surround aswell, that’s pretty much it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts