Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name is Darren and I have a 2012 508 2.0 Allure 140. 2nd owner with FPSH and 136k on the clock.

I'm new to forums so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong.

Absolutely love the car, had a new flywheel and clutch, belts and water pump done.

I just have a couple off issues I hope you could enlighten me on.

My MPG has dropped considerably and whenever I start the car the rpm sits just below 1k, even when warm and then idles a bit lumpy. It also hesitates whenever I put my foot down then goes like a bat out of hell, when I do press the throttle I get a click noise which seems to be from the top of the engine (just 1 click in each gear)

And lastly my drivers wiper is hitting the frame and is extremely annoying.

Sorry for joining and putting a huge list, but I know you guys and girls know what you are talking about.

Thanks in advance.

Darren

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Hi Darren and welcome to the forum glad your enjoying your car I’ve never had a 508 so not really able to help you but hopefully someone can soon :thumb:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi and welcome......I had a 2014 508 Allure 2.0 140 but didn't get past 20k before I pexed for a GT. I can only assume your problems come with age and I'm sorry I can't help you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Thanks for the replies so far.

I've read somewhere that a terraclean might do the trick for the mpg as it could be the egr valve. Has anyone tried terraclean and does it work?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The wiper hitting the pillar is a known issue.

There is a replacement wiper arm that costs about £60. It's shaped a bit differently.

As for the other stuff, it could be anything (or things).

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Main dealer only, unless you can find one at a breakers from a 2016 and up..

Grumpy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts