Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here but looking for some advice please.

I really don't want to sell my 307 it's an 02 plate only a 1.4 but it's been a sound car since I got it in 06. But it's bland and I'm now looking to change its look some. So my questions are

Does any1 know where is best to buy body kits from? Don't want it looking ridiculous but I do want it to look better
Thank u

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you a few gr8 choices on there :)

Another question do I need to inform DVLA that it's modified? Is this classed as modification?

Also I head another statement today I've googled and looked in the manual and I can have upto 17" alloys on but someone made a statement to say that if I changed my wheels from 15" steel to 18" alloy this changes the speed ratio and I would need to have the ecu reprogrammed so the speed sensors would be right. Bigger wheels meant more speed capability and where the speedo would say I'm doing 30 I would be possibly doing 38?? How true is that? I actually thought the speed sensors were quite a sensible statement but surely the speedo is the person driving the car? If it says u r doing 30 then U r doing 30 seeing as u r in control of the speed not the wheels?
If you see what I mean? Anyone shed any light on this?

·
9,208 Posts
Speedo get it's info from speed sensor signal. Based on rolling diameter of wheels it knows how far you have travelled in what time and so knows speed. If you change rolling diameter of wheels the calculation is wrong. You only normally need to tell DVSA change in engine size, engine no, no of doors or colour for most cars technically you should also tell them if emissions have changed due to engine mods etc as well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
Also I head another statement today I've googled and looked in the manual and I can have upto 17" alloys on but someone made a statement to say that if I changed my wheels from 15" steel to 18" alloy this changes the speed ratio and I would need to have the ecu reprogrammed so the speed sensors would be right.
Im pretty sure there is an option in PP2000 to choose what wheel size is fitted,definately seen the option on mine to have either 15" 16" or 17" to make sure speedo read properly

if you wanted 18s then i guess you choose 17 and put up with the small error

Terry

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Its not the diameter of the wheel that will dictate the speedo ratio it is the OVERALL diameter or rolling diameter that matters

15 inch wheel with 70 profile is same as 17 inch with 40 profile tyre overall size is the same within a small tolerance.

Planet has options for tyre sizes you just pick whatever is closest to what your fitting you would probably need standard ones to gauge the difference.

Its not really DVLA you need to worry about with mods its insurance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts