Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
ive a 406 2.2 hdi 02 plate and a puzzling knocking on the front off side,10,000 miles ago i changed the wheel bearing and a new drive shaft as the intermittatant bearing was shot.This knocking appeared a few weeks ago so had a good nosey round all front end and came to conclusion that the internal cv joint on the new drive shaft not correct.As this is a working car i have replaced this with another complete drive shaft inc cv, bottom ball joint and new stabiliser link and its still knocking.Has anyone had problems with so called new drive shafts or do i replace all the near side components to try and iliminate this prob,:nono: the knocking starts on left hand down under torque and its intermitent :confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers bettyswallocks il take a look at that and c if there is any sort of play in the rack,alltho i dont get any feeling thro the steering as if they is a prob on that side

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update to knocking
had to run car until i could pin point the noise,turns out it was coming from back end and not front at all,going deaf aswell as daft:nod: any how turned out to be a dry rear bearing so re packed and seems okay.HOWEVER i do beleive this has hapened through adjusting hand brake on drum just until it binded slightly and getting handbrake to hold:nono:tried adjusting under car on cable and snapped it:nod: new cable fitted and all is well:thumb: .If you do adjust on the drum before trying adjusting on cable make sure it doesent bind enough so it gets too hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts