Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a pug 307 estate 1.6 petrol.
I noticed today that there is a lack of power at 3k revs in all gears then a sudden small surge.
It's been fine before today.

I've not had it long and it was supposed to have been serviced before I picked it up but I never trust they have done it.

I'm leaning towards MAP sensor but is there anything that's a common cause for these symptoms with this engine?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Lack of power and limited revs are a protection mode for engine when a fault is detected. Sometimes these faults can be a momentary condition and after all returns to normality, but best thing you can do is to get a diagnostic using PP2000 scanning tool, see links Gibbo posted below to contact someone near from you.

erick

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lack of power and limited revs are a protection mode for engine when a fault is detected. Sometimes these faults can be a momentary condition and after all returns to normality, but best thing you can do is to get a diagnostic using PP2000 scanning tool, see links Gibbo posted below to contact someone near from you.

erick
There are no codes showing up though.
I did go to a guy localish with my old 307. I'll see if he's still about

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on this,
My friend has a code reader so I drove to his to link it up.
Its a decent drive out and by the time I got there the symtoms seems to hve cleared and all power is back.
When I took the MAP sensor off to clean it it was covered in a film of oil.
No codes were stored when we linked up the diagnostics.

I'm thinking the garage I got the car from has over filled the oil too much and it's fouling the MAP sensor.
I usually do a 30 mile motorway journey everyday but had a week off this week and it's when the symptoms started.
All short journeys.

Will keep an eye on it and having a closer look at the car my front engine mount is split and crankshaft pulley for the alternator is wobbly.
So time for a bit of repair this week I think :/

ps. this car doesn't have a MAF sensor

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so the car has been running fine since that long run out.
I replaced the engine mount and the car seems much tighter :)
Feels nice to drive now.

Crankshaft pulley had a wobble to it so I replaced that but the new one wobbles just as much and the old one looked to be in good shape.

Is this normal on these at all? Or any known problems that cause it?
Everything looks alright

1 - 10 of 10 Posts