Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,newbie on here,just bought a 407 sw 2.0 hdi,runs great except when cold more noticably,its a little hesitant on a light throttle and not too smooth,if i increase the throttle position for acceleration it pulls fine,anyone have an idea what prob stems from,its not too bad when hot,but i still think it should be smoother ,its got fsh and done 107 thou miles,57 plate,thanks paul

C

·
0 Posts
This is becoming a common problem on the 2.0hdi's.

Like Betty say's redex or millers won't hurt.

Most likely it will be egr related.

·
Registered
821 Posts
ive got pretty much the identical problem, but im wary of using redex, i have heard bad things about it, like eating up seals on the injector, power loss etc, i've even heard people compare it to snake oil.. :confused:

D

·
0 Posts
Most of these engines take software updates for the egr problems. I know it means going to the dealers but it'll save alot of hassle.

J

·
0 Posts
ive got pretty much the identical problem, but im wary of using redex, i have heard bad things about it, like eating up seals on the injector, power loss etc, i've even heard people compare it to snake oil.. :confused:
My Peugeot master tech said that it is alright to use so long as its a recognised brand.... apparently Pug do their own one specifically for HDIs if you're worried about the other brands :thumb:

Back to original problem.... mine used to do it, still does at times.... as David said, I had software update (which meant new EGR) and it did help it for a while, but its back there again now. Like you, gentle throttle and it does it, but give it some beans and it'll go like a train :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
The software update doesnt sound so permanent then, is it something that is updated on regular basis, or only when they really fix some 'bugs'? :)

J

·
0 Posts
Good question :D

You would think software update is permanent, but unless its the EGR starting to play up again, who knows :confused:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
If it was software you`d think it would be there all the time , i think its egr and a bit of snake oil will do until i get egr cleaned:nod:

·
5,044 Posts
Can`t get it in Ireland David we`ve no snakes thanks to St Patrick need to order it in from the Heathens over the water

thats a dangerous post Martin :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
almost certainly egr fault, they can get dirty very quickly and start sticking, or even just be faulty. Cleaning them is a bit of a pain, they arent the easiest things to take off and you'll find yourself doing it about every 2 or 3 thousand miles which for me was about every 6 weeks. Ive now blanked mine off, car runs whole lot better,no hesitation,no lumpy tickover,no smoking,no reduced accelleration and my fuel consumption has improved by roughly 10%. The blanking plate i got off ebay for a fiver, have had no faults showing on dashboard and turbo seems to be coping fine. I have been running egrless for about 4 weeks now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts