Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me please?
I have a 307 2.0 90 hp hdi diesel estate
I have just been out for sunday dinner with my wife coming back there was a strange noise from the gearbox it kinda jumped out of gear then back in changes up and down fine I have not given it to much pressure
but it seems to be loosing all its oil from the gearbox engine side.
could anyone have any ideas ?
I have started a new job and need it for work :mad:would gratefully receive any ideas

Marc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone know if engine needs to be removed to change gearbox on 307 hdi
as a gearbox change may be favourite

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Sounds like the input shaft isn't properly engaged in the differential. If that's all that's wrong you won't need a new gearbox. They seem to be strong durable unoits, my wifes 307 'box is fine with 195k miles behind it.

Roger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would that be the seal on the input shaft and bearing ?
I changed the front spring about a month ago and accidentally let the driveshaft come out and lost a load of oil
Been meaning to top oil up but forgot as wife was rushed into hospital I would suggest that I am to fault as I haven't replenished gearbox oil lost
Would this cause input shaft failiure ?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Wouldn't expect it to cause the shaft to fail. Dont think there is a guge amount of distance the shaft could move forwards or backwards and the splines would still mesh with the friction plate while at the other end I wouldn't expect there to be enough movement to cause the gears to un mesh. Nort sure what type of bearing is fitted but I would hope it would be a greased bearing that didn't rely on the gear oil for lubrication.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So as a greased bearing I presume it could just fail ?
I see you can buy the seals and bearings quite cheaply is it a biggy to strip gearbox ?
I'm prepared to have a go :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts