Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new, I've got a 2005 Peugeot 206 XSi and am planning on fitting my panasonic headunit, door speakers, and my sub and amp. Nothing to loud although I do like a little bass now and then.

I have been told that I won't be able to fit the headunit due to the ECU and if I risk it, I risk shutting down the car.

Is this true and if so are there anyways around it?

Also does anyone know any companies that will fit an alarm to my car, as my local car audio/security company will not touch it with a barge pole :)

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for any relpys.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Also does anyone know any companies that will fit an alarm to my car, as my local car audio/security company will not touch it with a barge pole
Why not exactly? The ecu looks for a signal from the head unit basicall y to say that it is ok and working.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've found out that the car has an alarm :D which is good

If I install my aftermarket headunit and the ecu discovers that the original is not there what will happen?

·
Registered
862 Posts
L206xsi said:
I've found out that the car has an alarm :D which is good

If I install my aftermarket headunit and the ecu discovers that the original is not there what will happen?

Steering wheel controls for the radio etc wont work (if fitted) the radio/cd display on the dash wont work, radio stations not locking in,flashing on and off and locking itself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
L206xsi said:
Hi I'm new, I've got a 2005 Peugeot 206 XSi and am planning on fitting my panasonic headunit, door speakers, and my sub and amp. Nothing to loud although I do like a little bass now and then.

I have been told that I won't be able to fit the headunit due to the ECU and if I risk it, I risk shutting down the car.

Is this true and if so are there anyways around it?

Also does anyone know any companies that will fit an alarm to my car, as my local car audio/security company will not touch it with a barge pole :)

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for any relpys.
im confused, why wont ur audio dealer touch it?? they are scared of pugs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted

Local Ice dealer said they wouldn't touch it as they'd worked on 307s before and had nothing but problems, been there a few times and they didn't want to take on a job they were not sure they could guarantee wouldn't go pear shaped.

Went down to local peugeot dealers and they said that if i installed a new headunit the central display wouldn't work properly and could freeze, flash. make noise etc.

Decided against changing the headunit and just fitted the amp and sub using the original headunit.

Sounds :D MUCH BETTER

Well pleased!!!

Thanx for the replys!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts