Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i'm Nicola i'm new to this as this is my first car! :)

I've just brought my first car a 52 plate 206 and i didn't get a hand book and i really need this because i dont know much about cars.
I also want to know where the jack is and if anyone has a rear passenger light lens as mine is cracked.

Thanks for your help! x

·
Registered
3 Posts
The spare wheel and jack etc on the 206 is under the car.

the bracket that holds it is held in place by a bolt that is accessed from inside the boot.

There will be a cut piece of carpet just at the boot latch, pull that up and you will see a large screw head with a notch in it.

There are two cut outs either side of the latch too, inside one of them will be a wheel nut wrench with a flat head on the other side, use that to unscrew the bolt which will release the spare wheel.

Once you turn it a few times you can reach under the car and take the weight off the bolt, then you can unscrew it by hand.

Please note it will be grubby as hell under there :thumb:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes - the jack is in a little box inside the spare wheel under the car.
The wheel brace (spanner) in inside the boot, to the right in the gap between the inside and outside of the boot. Use the flat end of it to unscrew the bolt holding the spare wheel on underneath.
Word of advice - Get hold of some copper-grease, undo this bolt to lower the spare wheel - then use the copper grease on the bolt threads - you don't want to be stuck not able to even get the spare wheel off !
Use copper grease on the wheel bolts too.
Keep the jack in the boot - strapped on with bungies to the rear pannel -lots of holes there. You don't want it rusty.

I keep a pair of leather gloves and a rag in the gap with the wheel brace. It stops rattles, and I use the gloves when wheel changing.

Rear light lens - Ebay. Make sure it matches I think thee are 2 or 3 types.
Remove rear trim plastic button (remove centre and pull). Use fingers to unscrew the plastic nut holding it on (just the one), unplug wires - there is a little catch on the plug that needs depressing - most peugeot plugs are the locking type.. Tthen there is another catch above the plastic nut that needs pressing down to remove the whole light assembly.
If you are lucky, there is a plastic spanner thing that lets you unscrew the one nut on the back - to change bulbs. Sometimes it's not there so use a 10mm spanner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.