Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 207 which has been runiing fine up till today . On turning key everything comes on as normal but when turning key to start nothing happens it does not turn over . It a 1.4 petrol and was ok this morning going to work

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a 2009 207 which has been runiing fine up till today . On turning key everything comes on as normal but when turning key to start nothing happens it does not turn over . It a 1.4 petrol and was ok this morning going to work
Any click noise in the engine bay indicating the solenoid in the starter activating? What happens to say dash/interior lights? Do they remain at the same brightness when trying to start, or do they dim?

If you've got a voltmeter, readings of the battery voltage while at rest and while trying to start might provide clues to battery condition.
Could of course be other things than the battery...
Check that the thick +12V as well as control wire are connected at the starter. If they are, check if the control wire gets +12V when you try to start. If it does, I'd suspect the solenoid. Not sure if there's a fusible link in the +12V wire to the starter, so check that it's got +12V as well (constant).
If not +12 at the control wire, it's something upstream, from physical key switch to BSI, or wiring...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thier is no noise at all when turning key and i have bridged the starter to check it and iit was fine and car was turning that way but still would not start . And the lights do not lose any brightness when turning key

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, don't know if it helps ,I was changing car stereo and forgot to disconnect the battery ,I had a small spark changing stereo and blew the car immobiliser fuse ,cant remember if car cranked or not, but the lights and everything else worked

1 - 5 of 5 Posts