Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I went to start my Peugeot 307 hdi 2.0 after a few days being stood. It turned over slowly for a while but would not start. I put jump leads on to it as the handbook says with a slave battery, turned key, just a very light click so removed both battery leads and charged battery for 10 hours. I reconnected as the book says but it still just gives a light click from under the dash. It will not turn over! Any idea?? HELP

P.s - After connecting the battery left it to stand for at least one minute as it says in the book but still nothing

Any help would be grateful appreciated

R

·
0 Posts
with the sudden cold weather were having i bet its a knackerd battery nows the time if its weak it will show.if its shagged then no matter how long you charge it for its a duffer.to rule it out id try and borrow a battery from someone before spending on a new one but then again if yours is done in then might aswell get a new one. peugeots are very sensitive where batterys are concerned they need a1 batterys or all hell breaks loose..

·
5,836 Posts
Check the charged battery has some life and is not dead (headlight on and turn key if the lights go out battery u/s) :nono:

If it tried to turn slowly with the jump leads you may have jammed starter motor. Put car in 2nd gear (ign off etc) then rock car backwards and foward so that the engine moves slightly, then back in netural and try to start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts