Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 407 sw. I have had the warning light come on for eolys fluid. I have had a quote of 200 pound. I can't afford this being a single mum. Any cheaper options?? :(

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Yes there are cheaper options but none that are any good !

Sell the car
Pull the plug out the display
Gut the DPF and remap

Or the most common one just ignore it till your turbo blows up :)

·
5,123 Posts
Whereabouts are you charlie2003?? Had a member on my facebook page with same dilemma, was skint and couldnt afford to repair his car so was actually going to scrap it. With help from people on there it cost him £35 and a little effort and car was sorted (added 1 litre instead of 3 but that Good for approx 20k)

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk

·
5,123 Posts
I've asked if anyone's near you with PP, in meantime have you checked the peugeot planet map on here to see if any members are near ??

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
As trem says it can be done cheaper there are even people selling used fluid on ebay its not used in the true sense just drained from dead cars :)

Problem is the counters need reset after replacement to tell the car it has more fluid filling it is not enough thats part of the reason its expensive garages like to make it seem dificult

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked on ebay and can't see any used eoly fluid. I am thinking about getting just one lt of it for now just to keep it going till I can afford the 3lt. Thanks for ur help guys.

·
5,123 Posts
Eurocarparts and its elyos or pat fluid

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did find Bardahl Diesel Particle Filter Additive OE Eolys 42 Refill 1 Litre Bottle at £17 but not to sure if I wanna use it. I'm not brilliant with cars buto surely something that cheap that's meant to be expensive is to good to be true lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.