Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need some serious help I have a problem with my Peugeot 307 2.0l 16v petrol hatchback.
I put some tesco fuel in the car a while ago and im not sure if this is related as its only been doing it since.
The car cuts out while driving I've taken it to two garages and they don't know what the problem is. It has been on diagnostics but no codes were found at all.
Here are the things it does as it's different everytime.

-while driving along the car takes all revs and power away it's still running but you have no revs and can not get the car moving you have no choice but to turn it off and and start again.
-while driving or even pulling away the car limits itself to 3000rpm and will not go above that but once left for a whole is fine.
-while driving along the car cuts itself out completely and again of left for a minute or two it's ok.
- the car is also very gutless atm

The car does not only do it once it does it again and again and is very dangerous it gives me no warning or faults or dash lights when it does it.
If left ticking over for ages or if left running after a drive it starts running very lumpy and will eventually stall itself.
I really need help as I'm now terrified of using the car as its so dangerous.
Apart from this it's a lovely little car I don't want to break it or get rid of it but I will have no choice if this continues.
Please help me if you have any ideas

·
11,778 Posts
Get a Peugeot Planet diagnostic. Generic readers will only go so far, whereas PP can analyse live data. Check the thread with the map to find the closest person to you and send them a PM.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
As you say it has happened since putting in some fuel?! So did the garage check the fuel filter or change it? And you did put petrol in!?. But like was said try get it on planet:thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you say it has happened since putting in some fuel?! So did the garage check the fuel filter or change it? And you did put petrol in!?. But like was said try get it on planet:thumb:
The only fuel filter I has is in the tank.???
And yes it was petrol
I enquiried about planet but they said the diagnostics used were suitable and would show anything.
I drove around for an hour with the diagnostics on and I did not do it once.
It mostly does it when the car is warm

·
11,778 Posts
The only fuel filter I has is in the tank.???
And yes it was petrol
I enquiried about planet but they said the diagnostics used were suitable and would show anything.
I drove around for an hour with the diagnostics on and I did not do it once.
It mostly does it when the car is warm
I will bet £20 Planet will show something that their diagnostic doesn't. I hear it on a weekly basis:

Customer: "I took my car to a local garage and the diagnostic came up clear".

Me: "Yeah, that's why you've come to me!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts