Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new here, and do not have clue when it comes to mechanics, however, my 52 plate, 1.6 16v engine was recently replaced after complete failure, with a second hand one, exactly the same, so 1.6 16v. Now I have the EML on and no error message. Does anyone know what this could be?

S

·
0 Posts
Opening up a big can of worms here..

Does it even run at the moment?

I also assume that with the engine replacement all the ECU's were replaced with ones from the donor car as well?

Keys recoded?

And you are best finsing someone with planet near to you, with a job like this its the only decent way to find out exactly what the car is up to!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, it runs OK.

Basically, it was replaced by a qualified mechanic from a garage near to me. He called me yesterday and said it was running, but the EML was on and he was not sure why as he has done a diagnostics check and it is clear.

He asked was it on before the original engine failed, (which it wasnt).

He said he needed a few more days to run some tests, but I am not sure what he is going to do, if he has done a diagnostics check. Could he be trying to make more money from me, or could it be something major.

The ECU itself has also been replaced, but this was in 2009!

I am not sure if he changed everything else you mention, but he did say that he put the starter motor and new pulleys etc, basically, everything, so I assume that they have been replaced, but I do not have a foggiest when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts