Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am new to the forum. Thought i would have a bash at things byu myself rather than getting ripped of by bad local garages.

I have a 307 HDi 2006. The front and rear washer pumps are not making any noise when operated but the wipers are working. After checking the hanbook there is no fuse listed for wiper pumps. I therefore assume the wipers and the pump is on the same fuse as the wipers.

This makes me think the pump is fault. do you agree??

If so where is the pump located, I dont seem to be able to find it. Is there one pump for front and rear screens and does anyone know anywhere cheap to purchase one.

Any other advice would be great. Maybe I am being a little quick to assume it is the pump??!

Cheers
Goldcol

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi i am new to the forum. Thought i would have a bash at things byu myself rather than getting ripped of by bad local garages.

I have a 307 HDi 2006. The front and rear washer pumps are not making any noise when operated but the wipers are working. After checking the hanbook there is no fuse listed for wiper pumps. I therefore assume the wipers and the pump is on the same fuse as the wipers.

This makes me think the pump is fault. do you agree??

If so where is the pump located, I dont seem to be able to find it. Is there one pump for front and rear screens and does anyone know anywhere cheap to purchase one.

Any other advice would be great. Maybe I am being a little quick to assume it is the pump??!

Cheers
Goldcol
Try here
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/fuses/fuses307/307fuse1.htm

As far as I can see it's listed in the last section (fuse 14) Washer pump, front and rear

My neighbour had the same problem, the fuse was fine (or it seemed that way) but there was a layer of oxide on the fuse. Find the fuse holder and try some contact spray and a new fuse (cheapest option to start with).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply. I have the handbook with me it states fuse 14 is " front and rear headlamps wash pump"" which my car does not have. Therefore when checking the fuse compartment in the engine there is no fuse in holder number 14.

This is why i believe it is the pump and the pump is on the same fuse as the wipers. In the handbook there is no reference to a fuse for windscreen wiper pump.

·
Registered
176 Posts
thanks for the reply. I have the handbook with me it states fuse 14 is " front and rear headlamps wash pump"" which my car does not have. Therefore when checking the fuse compartment in the engine there is no fuse in holder number 14.

This is why i believe it is the pump and the pump is on the same fuse as the wipers. In the handbook there is no reference to a fuse for windscreen wiper pump.
I'll dig out my hand book (it's in dutch) and see what I can find for you in a little bit

·
Registered
176 Posts
According to my hand book from my car (307 sw 2004 1.6hdi) the fuse for the front and rear water pumps is number 14 and it's a 10 amp fuse.

The fuse box is next to the battery under the hood(bonnet) of my car. The lay out is similar in all 307's to the best of my knowledge.

The offending fuse (looking in the direction from front bumper to windscreen) should be the first fuse on the left (basically bottom of the fuse box lefthand side).

Fuse 17 is listed as low/high speed windscreen wipers front (30 amp) bottom right of the fuse box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The pump is on the bottom of the washer bottle, which is hiding behind the rh front wheel splash guard.
Remove the front wheel and then the splash guard by gently pushing in the centre pin of the plastic "screws" (it only goes a few mm) then you can pull the "screws" out.
The pump is at the bottom of the bottle on the rhs. It just sits in a rubber grommet.

(wish I had seen this earlier, I had mine all apart earlier today to fix some leaks in the bottle, and could have got photo's for you)

SAFETY warning. if you use the standard 1/2 leg jack, use axle stands to support the car before you venture under into the wheel well. Failing that, position the removed wheel adjacent to the jack, under the sill of the car to catch it should the jack tip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have attached a scan of the page from my book as you can see fuse 14 is for front and rear headlamps wash pump.

if you look at number 17 fuse rating 30A i think this includes the pump, given that yours is a 10A, this would make sense. There is definately no mention of the pump anywhere in my fuse listings. They could of made is clearer by putting windscreen wiper hi/low and washer pump.

Thanks for your help.

thanks too Vagrantnz, is it an easy job?? where did you get your

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does the hole for fuse 14 have connectors for a fuse, or is it completely empty?

I have seen it done, and done it myself, flog a fuse from a secondary or less vital system to power something needed to get you home (and forgotten to replace it)

Getting the splash guard out is pretty simple, just double check you have all the pins out, and then wiggle it out. The pump was a tight fit in the grommet, but came out after some wiggling, as well as 6 liters of water! (did I mention, don't do this in your garage, use someone else's:lol:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had this car from new and have never changed a fuse yet. There is a slot for fuse 14 which is empty and always has been as i dont have washers on the lights as shown on the scan i have attached. Fuse 14 states it is NOT for a washer pump.

anyway i have just put a fuse in that slot and it did nothing, no noise coming from pump.

why do you say use someones elses garage. Is it a messy job?? i was just going to do it on my drive?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no not the same. Spoke to Peugoet technical and they didnt even know. Said sometimes there are mistakes from french to english in the books. he said just check every 10a fuse in the engine fuse box

D

·
0 Posts
Its fuse 3 or 4 in the BM34 fusebox in engine bay. A 10Amp.
The pump operates with a relay at either side of the circuit as the pump has to run two directions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wsher pump

Hi all . New to the site :). I have had the same problem with my 307 and have had the pump replaced and checked the fuse is bay 14 and all good ::D BUT 2 days later it went again no sound from pump and wipers working fine:mad:. Am i right in saying thats its not bay 14 but could be wither 3 or 4? please help !!! this is driving me batty .:strong:.. many thanks Di .

·
Registered
35 Posts
was the fuse on mine :D Thanks for the help guys :D

new here been reading the tips and tricks for 307 thread none seem to work on mine tho :( but great site and thanks for all the help u guys give much appreciated :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts