Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi can anyone help me i owen a 307 hdi 110 and for the past year i've been getting this vibration in the steering wheel and floor at around 70mph upwards i've had the balancing done 3 times all by different people i've had 4 new tyres and all brake disc and pads done, but it still hasn't solved the problem and now it some times happens at 50...... please help if anyone can

·
Registered
387 Posts
vibration when driving

has the tracking been done? also vibration when braking is usually down to warped disc pads

·
Registered
256 Posts
Open the windows left and right when you drive to hear for a rattle sound, then get back to me asap for a fix, If it is what I think it is it's important that you give details of any sounds!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi i did what you said and i couldn't hear anything unusual. the only thing i will say is that some days the vibrating is worse than others and it seems to be worse when the car is slowing down (with out my foot on the brake):confused:

·
Registered
387 Posts
It could be your wheel bearings, to check this lift the wheels of your car spin the wheel and listen for grinding noises or rock the wheel from side to side ( 9 O'clock 3 O'clock ) if there is any movement of the wheel the hub bearings are worn.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rotate the tyre's front to rear etc and machine the front discs asap, if problem still persists, then check the front left and right wheel guards for any loose trim. On My 307 hdi 07 plate the front guards had collapsed causing a slight under body vibration and a rattle at the front end, all was secured.

Currently I have a vibration and balance issue which I will be rectifying, my discs will need to the be machined as I had to activate the EBA once cause some idiot in front of me thought his piece of shit GM Holden Commodore could handle wet conditions!!!!! I was hoping the jerk had hit tree, cause now it is going to cost me a fair bit to have the car's tyres balanced/ discs machined, at least I'm safe and the car is still new!!!!

Check all these conditions first before any bearings because in a new car the only issue should be normal driving wear not abnormal premature wear!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here, but I have this issue too. At around 70 it starts to vibrate. Wheels have been alligned and tracked. Brakes are A1 so no issue there. Asked at dealership, of course there was nothing they could see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you got genuine wheels fitted. If you are using some aftermarket wheels or if you have wheel spacers fitted you may not be getting centre bore location which will cause vibrations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
johnboy said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi can anyone help me i owen a 307 hdi 110 and for the past year i've been getting this vibration in the steering wheel and floor at around 70mph upwards i've had the balancing done 3 times all by different people i've had 4 new tyres and all brake disc and pads done, but it still hasn't solved the problem and now it some times happens at 50...... please help if anyone can
Pop into a MOT station explain the problem and ask them if they can do a brake test on the rolling road. This will help iliminate and possible disc warp or callipers sticking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts