Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has come back from a Service and MOT with a note stating that the Turbo seals are leaking and there play in blades.

I'm taking this as "turbo is on the way out", but I'd like to get peoples views before I go headlong into getting it fixed having never once had a car with a dodgy turbo.

Is it a simple case of picking up a new one and getting the garage to replace it ? We've had the car 2 and a half years and its been service regularly since we've had it doing around 17k miles a year (currently on 115k),

Its a 307 1.6hdi 90 (DV6TED4).

Have people had any issues with new turbos purchased on Ebay as I can see there are substantially cheaper.... There was also a note about play in the nsf steering rack joint but we can't afford to replace the car (and from the look of it wouldn't get much even if we tried to see it !!)

If there are any questions please ask, thanks for your time.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Oil in intake is not always because of the turbo seals and play in a turbo with over 100k miles is normal.

Depends how much play there is it could last a long time yet !

I would get a second opinion but if it does fail the engine can run on its own oil and rev up uncontrollably if THAT happens you must stall it dont let it keep revving or you will need more than a turbo :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts